[NL20-NL50] NL50SH 3 Bet 9 10

• nubbe2
      nubbe2
      Black
      READS
      SB Seems to be a regular.. he is six tabling and seems ok. Seems TAG

ACTION

PRE FLOP -

This is my 11th hand at the table, and i try to re steal and show some aggression and defend my blind. So they won't steal so light.

FLOP- since he just call from sb OOP to me thats no strength . He would four bet QQ+ and AK.

I ofc CB my hand no matter what. then he push... to me that doesn't seem like a normal move, since he would donk any over pair. 99+

Well i look at my and i have TP SUPER i must be ahead. PHIL HELMUTH instant call!

QUESTIONS: Not because i normally 3 bet 9 10 but once in awhile i mix up my play specially against reg. or to someone that seems to pick it up ...that normally induces some extra actions when i have a good hand.

Is it fine to sometimes 3 bet that range of hands to mix it up in the long run?
      And the flop play - bet less?
      I never fold that push...but is there any reason i should?

$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
      5 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($56.09)
      CO ($39.02)
      BTN ($72.80)
      SB ($62.13)
      Hero (BB) ($50.00)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Hero is BB T:club: 9:heart:
      3 folds, SB raises to $2.25, Hero raises to $7, SB calls $4.50

Flop: 7:club: 4:spade: 9:spade: ($13.75, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $10.50, SB goes all-in $55.63, Hero goes all-in $33

Turn: 6:diamond: ($112.88, 2 players)

River: 7:heart: ($112.88, 2 players)

[Results Hidden]
  • 5 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      First I disagree with some of the stuff you said, blinds battle between regs can screw things up big time :

- I also think he would 4bet AK because it sucks we he flats it and whiffs the flop. But i wouldn't put it past him to flat QQ+, because flatting OOP SUCKS unless your hand is good enough to compensate for you positional disadvantage. Plus when he 4bets QQ+, you're 5betting AK/JJ+ and folding all your crap hands with which you defend, and he doesn't want you to : these are the hands where he'll make money from you.

- You absolutely don't have to cbet your hand no matter what. You made TP, he never has 9x with a better kicker, you may be way ahead if he whiffed KQs or speculative stuff, also i think his range here is a lot stronger than people think. I think all the overpairs are in his range, with maybe sets (i doubt it unless its 99) and FD+overs kind of hands. Now, you've already witnessed the problem with c-betting : he will c/shove lots of stuff over because it's a blind battle, and you'll have to call. At best for a flip against FD type hands, at worse drawing to runner runner quads or FH, most of the time with 5 outs against an overpair.

- I also disagree about him automatically donking 99+, if he has brains he won't. If he does donk out, i would put him on crap that doesn't want to call a c-bet and go with my top pair. With his strong hands heads-up he doesn't need protection, since he knows meh tags will c-bet everything here, that would be idiotic of him to give them a free pass on the 1/2 c-bet and force them to fold.

Apart from that, i think you play preflop is fine as long as you understand how it'll end postflop: you will have to stack off with your top pair sometimes and expect to be behind or flipping. Making a stand is often necessary to keep regs honest though.
      If you do decide to c-bet i would bet less, something like 8$ is plenty.
      Once i c-bet i'm also not folding to the push unless i know what he's doing that with, and for some tags i know it's always a trap with QQ+. If you look at their 3bet calling range its SO NARROW that they ALWAYS have 99+ when they do call oop, and more likely always QQ+ when they do c/shove over a c-bet, trying to make it look like a draw.

Hope that makes sense and that it helps.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      balancing your 3-bet range pf is fine, just don´t too it against player who would defend his opening too light (as calling or 4-betting), because he could dominate your hand
      taking flop bet/call or bet/shove line is fine, if you want you can also check flop to induce bet from worse hands on the turn, but since flop is quite drawy I like b/c also there.
      nh
    • nubbe2
      nubbe2
      Black
      Originally posted by tamairlarace

- I also think he would 4bet AK because it sucks we he flats it and whiffs the flop. But i wouldn't put it past him to flat QQ+, because flatting OOP SUCKS unless your hand is good enough to compensate for you positional disadvantage. Plus when he 4bets QQ+, you're 5betting AK/JJ+ and folding all your crap hands with which you defend, and he doesn't want you to : these are the hands where he'll make money from you.

What i wrote was that he would 4 bet QQ+ and not call OOP.
      So i agree with u call QQ+ OOP against Unknown sux.

I was not sure he where regular.
      And every player has their weakness , and when you find them u exploit the to the fullest.

And taking into account that he played another hand way to aggressive and way to poor on river and OOP.
      And didn't take his opp. into any range.

To me i took this as "His" weakness.

And i think he would donk any over pair because I'm unknown to him.

ANd tnx for the post its good!

Btw. U said if he has brains he would not donk 99+ , my read on him was fact this was his weakness.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      I wouldn't be inclined to play back at an unknown with T9o after 11 hands if my read on him is that he is a brainless monkey. You said he was a seemingly 6 tabling tag reg, whom i would expect is able to make that kind of moves.

Judgement call though. Trust your reads, because if you're picking up reads the wrong way, you'd rather know sooner than later. Confidence is important.
    • nubbe2
      nubbe2
      Black
      I'm sorry my posts where not that informative , well my questions got answered so I'm happy.

But if u run the hand after the flop in
      Euilator and give him a tight range 99+, AJs+, KQs, AJo+ then 9 10 is 54,636%.

or not so tigth 22+, ATs+, KJs+, AJo+, KQo
      vs 9c 10h 62,313%