[NL20-NL50] Nl25: Aq

• theSandnamRo
      Known players:

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , Q:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.85, MP3 calls $0.85, CO calls $0.85, BU folds, SB raises to $2.75, BB folds, Hero raises to $6.75, 2 folds, SB raises to $31.80 (All-In), Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $15.45

I want to know if it is profitable to 4bet in this situation. My arguments are:
      - his 3bet is big for this limit (8)
      - if he had a big hand(AA, KK ) i think he had bet bigger to avoid a multiway pot
      - my small 4bet looks like a big hand
  • 4 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      - The 8% 3bet over 50 hands likely isn't meaningful, it's a really small sample.

- A common trend among bad players is to 3bet small with huge hands. They want to get more money into the pot, but they dont want to scare people off. They don't really understand how great the odds they're giving us are. I find that when they do want to scare you off, they tend to bet even bigger than we would.

- I don't think your small 4bet size means anything to him, so i wouldn't use it to draw any conclusion.

Thus I don't really like the small4bet/fold, especially with a 79/24 still to act. If you're positive he's full of shit, which i don't, 4bet bigger and call it off. If it was heads-up i would call ip and be careful. With 2 people behind i can't call really, so I would just get away.
    • Philipvw
      I think this a good example of where to fold aq pf. This is exactly the spot where aq tends to loose a lot of money and why the old pro's didn't like the hand. I agree with tamair.
    • excelgeo
      fold it.
    • Bierbaer
      Jep, just fold preflop. SB tells you that you are beaten - just believe him until you know he is 3betting light in that spot.
      tamairlarace already mentioned the other reasons to fold.