[NL2-NL10] Folding an overpair

• Volatile366
      Volatile366
      Bronze
      Hero: $5.00

MP3: $4.35

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, T
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.16, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.34) 5, 9, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, MP3 raises to $1.04, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.63

Flat call for set value, are Tens strong enough for a reraise here to force him to define his hand (Reraise/fold). Correct to fold after reraise putting him on higher Pair?
  • 6 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Tens are definately strong enough to 3bet them preflop in 6-handed game.

As played I don't like donking out on the flop - I prefer check/raise, he'll c-bet here with almost whole of his range. Check/call is not out of question as well, but you won't know where you stand after an overcard shows up on the turn and he bets again.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      As stated above you can easily 3-bet with your hand preflop and I would do it also always.

As played postflop I really like a c/r in this spot , but if you decidet to donk I wouldn`t fold even after his raise and rather call and reevaluate turn because he might try to bluff you out often thinking a donk is a sign of a moderate hand like a PP which he might get out of the hand with a raise. If no A comes I would even call him down just to catch his semibluffs with lower pp or bluffs with overcards.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      That's a rather dry board, It's unlikely that he has much there.
    • Volatile366
      Volatile366
      Bronze
      If I check 3-bet then he 4-bets, is it a shove or a fold?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Please use the correct button, you are pasting wrong style and it's hard to evaluate your hand if we don't see suits. If you aren't sure if there are suits then just press Preview before you post and you will see if the suits are there, there should be another button in Elephant which you can press and will copy with suits.

To the hand:

Preflop: You can likely 3bet here.
      Flop: I also like Check/Raise much more in such situations, some opponents might even fold a better hand against Check/Raise but with donking you just invite you to raise.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Donkbetting is for donks.