[NL2-NL10] NL5 Fold to high Agression

• Volatile366
      Volatile366
      Bronze
      Hero: $5.25

MP3: $4.06

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, K
      Hero raises to $0.14, MP3 raises to $0.52, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.38.

Flop: ($1.10) T, J, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.77, MP3 raises to $2.30, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4.17

Another reraise preflop? Reraise would come from 9's at worst, dangerous to 3 sets (9's T's J's). Doubt he has a straight but either way im beat by set or overpair. At best split pot if he's also on AK and ver agressive. Could i do anything differently other than reraise less?
  • 3 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I don't like to flatcall preflop with AK out of position. You can continue only if you hit a pair which will happen in about 30% of the cases. Otherwise you just have to fold. So it's either a fold or 4bet/shove preflop and I prefer the second option here.

I don't like postflop as well - that's the second hand you post where you call preflop oop and then donk out and fold to a raise on the flop. That's not the best way to go usually. Here I would just check/fold - you don't beat almost anything here except from maybe AQ (which still has outs against you). Dunno what suits the cards are though - if you have a flushdraw or sth you might continue here, but since I don't know I'm just folding.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I would almost always go for stacks here. He isn`t even a full stack and player on NL5 are usually bad , the reason above being another vote in that favor.

As played I thinkjust c/f flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: Calling being OOP really sucks with AK, you either fold it or 4bet/shove.
      Flop: Check/Fold.

Best regards,
      Rensu