This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Fold to high Agression

• Volatile366
      Volatile366
      Bronze
      Hero: $5.25

MP3: $4.06

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, K
      Hero raises to $0.14, MP3 raises to $0.52, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.38.

Flop: ($1.10) T, J, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.77, MP3 raises to $2.30, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4.17

Another reraise preflop? Reraise would come from 9's at worst, dangerous to 3 sets (9's T's J's). Doubt he has a straight but either way im beat by set or overpair. At best split pot if he's also on AK and ver agressive. Could i do anything differently other than reraise less?
  • 3 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I don't like to flatcall preflop with AK out of position. You can continue only if you hit a pair which will happen in about 30% of the cases. Otherwise you just have to fold. So it's either a fold or 4bet/shove preflop and I prefer the second option here.

I don't like postflop as well - that's the second hand you post where you call preflop oop and then donk out and fold to a raise on the flop. That's not the best way to go usually. Here I would just check/fold - you don't beat almost anything here except from maybe AQ (which still has outs against you). Dunno what suits the cards are though - if you have a flushdraw or sth you might continue here, but since I don't know I'm just folding.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I would almost always go for stacks here. He isn`t even a full stack and player on NL5 are usually bad , the reason above being another vote in that favor.

As played I thinkjust c/f flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: Calling being OOP really sucks with AK, you either fold it or 4bet/shove.
      Flop: Check/Fold.

Best regards,
      Rensu