[NL2-NL10] JJ nl200

• Aimboy
      Aimboy
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($221.95)
      BB ($204.35)
      Hero (UTG) ($42)
      UTG+1 ($43)
      MP1 ($124.50)
      MP2 ($47.90)
      MP3 ($40)
      CO ($206.25)
      Button ($37)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with ,
      Hero bets $8, 2 folds, MP2 calls $8, MP3 raises to $14, 5 folds, MP2 calls $6

Flop: ($39) , , (2 players)
      MP2 checks, MP3 checks

Turn: ($39) (2 players)
      MP2 checks, MP3 bets $10, 1 fold

Total pot: $39 | Rake: $1.95

Caller: unknown
      Raiser: 18/9, with 2,7 3bet, 5k hands.

Easy fold ;u?
  • 3 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      No not an easy fold at all.

Minraises can be either any old trash or a total monster. This one is just ridiculous, its just SO small. we only have to call $6 for $40.... Talk about a minraise giving you just incredibly good odds and the feeling you're sometimes beat, sometimes miles ahead.

I don't think this is easy fold by a long shot.

I call Thin Set Value. 10 to 1 100% certain implieds. Although I may only be saying that because you hit said set normally you hit 1 in 8 times.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Calling a min3bet with 1/6 of your stack is meh in my opinion since hitting a set is 1/8

Then looking at the numbers , facing a 3bet range of AK+,JJ+, if you can squeeze out 30% FE or more well then you are +EV but what DaPhunk said it can also be wider.

If he raises wider, he folds more of his raise range BUT you also gain something in terms of equity THUS your EV increases.

In this case, I look at this table dynamic( how active has he been ?) as the cutting edge. But mostly I just shove it

- Gerv
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Calling a min3bet with 1/6 of your stack is meh in my opinion since hitting a set is 1/8
      Less than ideal eh, but my point is that even if Villain only does this minraise with AA or KK as I fancy the poster is inclined to think, we don't have to fold. Villain will be 100% certain to get money in on flop with KK or AA and even if MP2 folds preflop we get very marginally more than 8.5 to 1 implieds. In that situation our remaining stack doesn't matter, its the implieds that matter.

($40 + $8 + $8 +$3 - $3 = $56) / 6 = 9.3 to 1 (Minumum Implieds but still Marginal call possible)

However, If we know that MP2 is a loose calling station that makes our situation very good and we can get as much as

$56 + ($42-$8) = $90 : $6 (15 to 1) Implieds.

The inclusion of MP2 in this hand encourages me to make this apparantly marginal play against MP3's super strong percieved range of KK+

Problem is; I don't know If i would actually want to take this line in game. I fancy playing JJ on set value alone with such a small stack would be a bit of a killer for me mentally.