Starting PLO 1/2ct on FR or SH

• WPTRay
      WPTRay
      Bronze
      Hi all,

After reading some PLO articles on the web I just like to start with PLO bigstack.

The only question is, should I play FR or SH.
      SH should have more action (and offcourse higher variance).
      But the problem is, all the strategy articles are written for FR and they have only a few sentences about SH.
      Looser your startinghands, position is even more important etc..

So, I have $150,- and I think it's enough for both options for 1/2ct.

I know the players are really bad and playing every hand they get, and in SH you can't only nut-peddling.

I'm playing for fun (yes I don't want to lose with all the knowledge I have about the game) but fun is important and I think I can have more fun in SH.
      But do you guys think the game is beatable on the 1/2ct, especially on SH?

Thx :)
  • 1 reply
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      My general advice is that people should start on FR. It has nothing to do with anything else, than the fact that you simply won't learn the postflop unless you will yourself to draw to the nuts, and only play the nuts. When you understand the very basics of the game and the reason for its tenets, you will be more able to bend them in your favor when you battle in the much more harsher SH tables. And they are harsh.

But SH can be a teacher, a cruel teacher who's got hots on your bankroll...