Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $16,49
      Hero:
      $42,47

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , K:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,75, SB folds, BB calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,60) 9:spade: , 7:club: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1,60) A:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,50, Hero raises to $2,00, BB raises to $3,50, Hero raises to $8,00, BB calls $4,50.

River: ($17,60) 6:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $7,74 (All-In),

Am I looking to go all-in on the turn? He was a very passive fish which makes it scary. And as played on the river, call? What can I do on the turn? Reraise/call looking for a showdown?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      To me a player like that sees Ax as nuts here , and I would just go broke on the turn against him.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think raise/call turn is better line than going all-in, he has there often very strong hand
      as played: fold river- he won´t shove there Ax or any worse hands enough times to call profitable.
    • koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I think raise/call turn is better line than going all-in, he has there often very strong hand
      as played: fold river- he won´t shove there Ax or any worse hands enough times to call profitable.
      If I raise/call turn, what do I do on the river? Call a small bet?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      I would likely call a small bet getting very good odds, but you can probably expect to either see him check or to get shoved on most of the time.

Actually, if he bets really small i'd almost be tempted to interpret that as a blockingbet from a worse Ax that realized it wasn't as strong as it thought it was, but still doesn't want to fold, so i'd minraise it for value. If he shoves over my small raise i'd call, and either be really proud to have stacked Ax that way or throw myself out of the window for trying to be fancy.