Here are the most instructive hands of the current week!

We would like to offer both interesting and tricky hands for your perusal. This way, you won't miss the most important example hands.
Furthermore, there is an archive forum where the best hands of the previous weeks will be stored.
The hands presented here are analyzed with particular intensity just for you!

******* Hand 1 ********

JJ - Fold Turn?

Hero ($51.20)
BU (19/13/2.70/36) ($23.80)

PartyPoker $50 NL Hold'em [color:#0000FF](6 handed)[/color] Recorded and converted with HandRecorder

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:diamond: , J:heart:
[color:#666666]2 folds[/color], [color:#FF0000]Hero raises to $2[/color], BU calls $2, [color:#666666]2 folds[/color].

Flop: ($5) K:heart: , 6:diamond: , 8:heart: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
[color:#FF0000]Hero bets $3.50[/color], BU calls $3.50.

Turn: ($12) K:spade: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
Hero checks, [color:#FF0000]BU bets $5[/color], Hero calls $5.

River: ($22) 6:club: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
Hero checks, [color:#FF0000]BU is All-In ($13.30)[/color], Hero folds.

Final Pot: $35.

Would you fold on the turn or is it a clear call against such an aggressive opponent? Is the push on the river from an A-high?

This week, I've found another hand with interesting turn play. I often propagate a more passive game on the turn, that is, rather c/c than b/f. But it's not always correct to immediately go passive when the highest card is paired. One of the first questions you should ask yourself on the turn when you must decide between c/c and b/f is the following:

- Do I have an easy fold against a raise? (or will my opponent also raise worse hands?)

With an AF of 2.7, mostly only better hands, especially a king, will be raised. We can therefore fold with a good conscience if we bet and are raised.

Another important question is:

- Are freecards harmful to us?

If he's holding a flush draw, which isn't unlikely, he will take a freecard and thereby get a free shot at the river card. This must not happen. It's also possible that he will call a bet from us with the same flush draw. This would answer the question of whether he would call a bet with a worse hand. (yes, most definitely with 36 WTSD).

There is a further aspect that can be seen in the original hand. Should we play c/c turn, we'll have no clue where we stand. He could bluff the turn or he could have a king. We hardly have any information on his hand that could help us with a decision on the river.

If we bet and he raises though, we'll know what our hand is – namely, defeated.

Combining all the arguments, I consider bet/fold to be the optimal move against this opposition on this board.

******* Hand 2 ********

NL50SH, set gg reasonable Gegner auf schönem board

BU (25/14/5.17/27) ($55.86)
SB (38/13/2.25/31) ($90.60)
Hero ($48.75)
CO (20/15/3.33/27) ($48)

PartyPoker $50 NL Hold'em [color:#0000FF](4 handed)[/color] Recorded and converted with HandRecorder

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:spade: , 7:heart:
[color:#FF0000]CO raises to $2[/color], [color:#666666]2 folds[/color], Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) A:heart: , 2:diamond: , 7:club: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
Hero ???

What line do you play here? C/c flop, donk turn or c/r turn? Or donk the flop and hope to be raised?
The opponent was very reasonable and I have +-1000 hands on him.

The situation is just dreamy. A midset on a drawless board against the pre-flop raiser – it could hardly be better. Now we just need to extract the most value. I will present a few bet sequences and explain them, but in general you can stick to the saying: “Many roads lead to Rome.”
You can't really do that much wrong here. Many players think that if they donk and their opponent folds it's their fault to have won so little with such a strong hand and always ask how they could have won more. But if the opponent's got nothing, he's got nothing and will fold. There isn't much you can do about it.

I vary my game a lot in these situations. For me, such hands are very dependent on both the opposition and my own image.

In this hand, you must first decide whether to check or bet the flop. Both have their advantages.

I actually like to donk on these boards. He'll mostly call with mid pairs because a donk like that looks a lot like a bluff. Of course, he'll also fold a lot because he hasn't hit anything at all. But if he has, probably the ace that he raised pre-flop, he'll send a lot of money our way. Our opponent might raise and invest a lot. We shouldn't push after his raise, though, because we don't need to protect and a push will drive out too many worse hands. Therefore, we should just call his raise. Unfortunately, it seems like our colleague is not so aggressive and it can well be that he will only call our bet with an ace. The donk flop move is better against aggressive opponents since they will often raise it.

If you decide to check the flop, the opposition will almost always make a continuation bet so that we'll at least get a little value this way. After he bets, we can either raise of call. The advantages of a check/raise here are obvious. The pot will be large so that we can make a very large value bet. The pot will stay small with check/call. However, a check/raise on this board is a great display of power that might even drive out a top pair. Here is where image and deception enter the game. You can check/raise on this board, but you should not only do this with strong hands but also make a check/raise bluff from time to time. That way your opponent will not know what kind of a hand you have and if he notices that we sometimes bluff on this kind of board with a check/raise he won't fold top pair. On the turn we should bet again since he will often play check behind if we check again on the turn. Check/raise flop and then another bet on the turn will often cause a reasonable opponent to flinch, however.

We won't have this problem with c/c as much, but the pot will stay smaller. We should still avoid another check on the turn. Even with top pair he could still play check behind and we won't be able to check/raise. So we're down to a donk on the turn. In my experience, this will often be called if not raised since donks are generally not taken seriously. But here, too, we should not only play c/c flop, donk turn with our strong hands. Rather, we should mix it up and, for example, play a weak ace this way.

All in all, I think that c/c flop, donk turn is the strongest against this opponent. The other plays are not wrong and can be just as good with the proper reads. The disadvantage of donk flop against this opponent on this board is that he will seldom raise the bet for reasons of pot control, even with top pair. The disadvantage of c/r flop and bet turn is that it indicates a very strong hand. Both modes of play, insofar as they go as planned, will make the pot very large, which is to your advantage.