Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $38,99
      BU:
      $36,73

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9:spade: , 8:spade:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, CO folds, BU calls $1,00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) 6:club: , 9:heart: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, BU calls $2,00.

Turn: ($6,35) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4,00, BU calls $4,00.

River: ($14,35) Q:diamond: (2 players)

Here I bet flop for value, a 92% range isn't really strong. On the turn I decide to bet again. Am I doing this for value? Semi-bluff? Any thoughts?

And the river. What to do on the river? My straight misses, and valuebetting seems a little bit too thin I think. Or can I valuebet? Or blockbet? What would he call down every street with?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      check is fine, if he has draw, you´re ahead anyway and betting river would likely him fold all the worse hands
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Given his stats, you can forget about betting as a bluff. Betting as a semi-bluff without fold equity is basically betting for value : it serves as a pot control bet, to inflate the pot and take a lot of his money on the river if you hit.

Here, your turn bet is indeed for value.

On the river, i wouldn't put it past him to call again with 7x and 6x. He will fold pure busted draws, but if he picked up a pair along the way he won't fold it. It's close, i think i like a smallblockbet/fold line, to get him to call with 7x and 6x and prevent him from betting big if i check, because i really don't wanna have to c/c a bet from a player like that.