[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH A7o isolate against 61 vpip fish?

• koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25,00
      MP2:
      $9,75

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , 7:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0,25, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1,25, MP2 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,60) 4:club: , 3:spade: , A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, MP2 raises to $4,00, Hero raises to $23,75 (All-In), MP2 calls $4,50 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($19,60) T:diamond:
      River: ($19,60) K:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $19,60

Do I even isolate against a 61 vpip fish with A7o OOP? And if I do, I suppose this is where I go all-in. Correct? Even though I'm not comfortable going all-in here.
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you should play for stacks there, nh
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      A7o is a clear isoraise against a 61/0 shorty in position. Out of position, it's debatable. Given that your position relative to the fish sucks, you mostly have to play him out of position to get his money so i don't mind the preflop action, except i'd make it 1,5$.

As you said once you decide to play that hand preflop and flop top pair against that guy you're not folding, even against the dreaded minraise.
    • koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      A7o is a clear isoraise against a 61/0 shorty in position. Out of position, it's debatable. Given that your position relative to the fish sucks, you mostly have to play him out of position to get his money so i don't mind the preflop action, except i'd make it 1,5$.

As you said once you decide to play that hand preflop and flop top pair against that guy you're not folding, even against the dreaded minraise.
      How low kicker to my Axo-hand should I isolate with? Any ace? And what's the reason for 1.5$ preflop?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Since we're not folding once we flop good, i like to raise bigger out of position preflop to make postflop play easier, and to make him pay the hard price with whatever trash he's calling us with. Also, we don't mind scaring him away preflop, as our hand isn't that strong to begin with, so just winning the dead money in the pot is fine by us.

Out of position, i wouldn't go much lower than A7o, you dominate less and less hands. Here on that flop you only beat A2 A5 A6, and 2 of them have a gutshot to beat you.
      Unless i'm desperate to play with the fish, i probably won't even bother with A9o-, there are lots of fishes on the tables on whom you can have position to isolate them without taking these borderline hands.