[NL2-NL10] NL5 A3o

• michaelqian
      Hi all

Ouch!! Should have folded to the all in bet right?

Recently have been winning small pots and losing much bigger ones, makes me feel like I'm not meant to succeed in poker. But I guess this is all part of the learning curve right? Being a fairly inexperienced player.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 3.
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, CO folds, BU calls $0.05, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.20) A, 3, 2 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.15, MP3 raises to $0.3, BU raises to $3.92, SB folds, Hero calls $3.77, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($8.34) 7 (2 players)

River: ($8.34) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.34.

Results follow (highlight to see):

Hero shows two pairs, aces and threes (Ad 3c)
      BU shows a straight, seven high (4h 5c)
      BU wins with a straight, seven high (4h 5c).
  • 2 replies
    • justkyle88
      Touch touch spot against 2 re-raisers.
      I'd be inclined to fold because we havent invested much.

And yes, all these spots are all learning curves and your doing the correct thing by posting your confusing hands so judges can evalute your hands.
      nice start :)
    • veriz

Yes, you can likely just fold there, seems that at least one of them has a better hand than you, also it's only a freeplay don't get fancy with your hand. And yes, you are learning always in poker, there is always something new to learn and sometimes you have bad runs, sometimes you are winning big, sometimes you think that you are a bad player, all those sentences are standard for most of the players and with experience you will learn to deal with them. Just don't worry and try to play your A-game, you can't always win every single pot, get used to it that sometimes you are losing. Sometimes even against very sick beats, just try to avoid tilt.

Best regards,