This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50 KQs from the CO

• imson0ob
      imson0ob
      Bronze
      2 reasons why i wtsd , first is the limp an the other is the min -raise so he has either rubbish or a monster i guess. Shoul i still fold even if it looks so fishy ?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $10.00
      Hero:
      $10.00

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , Q:diamond: . MP1 posts a blind of $0.50.
      3 folds, MP1 checks, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, 3 folds, MP1 raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $10.00 (All-In), MP1 raises to $10.00 (All-In).

Flop: ($20.75) 8:diamond: , 5:heart: , 7:heart:
      Turn: ($20.75) 6:club:
      River: ($20.75) 7:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $20.75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of sevens (Kd Qd)
      MP1 shows two pairs, jacks and sevens (Jd Js)

MP1 wins with two pairs, jacks and sevens (Jd Js)
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hello imson0ob,

against unknown(opponent's you don't know what range they limp/raise) I like to stick to the old articles which tell you when to go all-in after there was a raise behind you according to your raise : remaining stack ratio. For KQ you would need 1:2,5, but in this hand you get barely 1:4 thus I would prefer to fold preflop.

If you however think information about this player would help you in the future you can push and make a note of what he does limp/raise with, but this time I think it's a bit too expensive.

+I would raise 5BB preflop.

Regards,
      burek2000