This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AK nl200

• Aimboy
      Aimboy
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

CO ($48.10)
      Button ($200)
      SB ($41)
      BB ($32.35)
      Hero (UTG) ($51)
      UTG+1 ($250.05)
      MP1 ($187)
      MP2 ($250.05)
      MP3 ($440.60)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with ,
      Hero bets $8, 3 folds, MP3 calls $8, 4 folds

Flop: ($19) , , (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $11, Hero folds

Total pot: $19 | Rake: $0.95

I really hate to play without continuation bet, but I think it was neccassary here. Villain 44/16, 2,9 total AF, 3,6 AF flop, fold to cb 33, raise cb 53, wts 37, w$sd 48. Hands 800. Should I fire the continuation bet anyway here? Or maybe you would play this hand completly different?
  • 2 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I Check/Push, He hasn't hit much either. Turn the situation on its head and use his own weapon against him. Let HIM have the "tough choice" for once :D (Don't do it all the time though, its highly readable)

Anyway, If i do cbet I'm calling his shove. He'll do it with all sorts of air on this board.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      I Check/Push, He hasn't hit much either. Turn the situation on its head and use his own weapon against him. Let HIM have the "tough choice" for once :D (Don't do it all the time though, its highly readable)
      Interesting with a 25bb stack at the start

Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Anyway, If i do cbet I'm calling his shove. He'll do it with all sorts of air on this board.
      I think with a 25bb stack, it is borderline EV as you get 2.9:1 if you c-bet like $11-$12

What I wanted to say is that 800 hands is not enough to determine Fold 2 cbet stat, mostly you see the number of trials whenever the Statistic is not accurate ;)

if I had a 20bb stack, check/shove would be my option, against Overs, you are way ahead and I pretty much think he gives up a big range if you check/shove

- Gerv