Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: ($4.70) 6 (2 Players)
      Hero bets $3.50, UTG raises to $7.00, Hero calls $3.50

River: ($18.70) 2 (2 Players)
      Hero checks, Villlain bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00

Pot Size: $28.70 ($3 Rake)
  • 4 replies
    • caltabiano
      I'm not checking that flop. I wanna get my money in ASAP. Just try to go broke. TP/TK = going broke in 3bet pot most of the time. Especially against this guy.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      i'm raising bigger preflop, that guy won't mind and you're out of position.

As caltabiano said, c-bet that flop. He is really aggressive, so if he was planning to bet when you check to him, chances are he is gonna raise you if you bet. I likely b/3b it on the flop.

As played, on the turn nothing changed, i also b/3b-shove over his minraise. You checked the flop so he may not believe you for a king, he'll call with worse. If you know that his minraise is pure air always, your turn line is ok but i'm c/minraising the river back to him to induce something stupid.
    • Philipvw

AKo, premium hand, I'll 3bet it for value against this 54/20/4.0 because I'm so far ahead of his range. He flat calls. Well, I guess we can put him on a pretty wide range - broadway and pairs, predominantly. Also I'll throw in Axs type of hands. I think I'll weight the range towards PP's, and then broadway, then suited stuff.

So I hit gin on the flop, but most of his range can't stand a bet, and if I bet now i'll just win the minimum. But if I bet turn and river, hands like QQ, JJ will be compelled to call, and though I get value from hands like KQ and KJ if I bet now, I dont want to weight my bet too heavily towards that end of his range. I want to let other worse hands in as well. Given how safe and dry the board is, I can risk giving a card without too much trouble.

Right so turn pairs the board, time to bet. ... UHHH WTF. MINRAISE. Ok well this sucks. Baluga all the way. Well what can he have? Kx type hands are definitely in his range here, and I'm ahead of all those hands. I cant see him having a 6 unless he has quads. Could he have 68s? Very wierd spot. But the point is, I'm wa/wb here and he cant be bluffing this board. There are no draws of any kind and this is a 3bet pot. He cant be raising queens because of the K on the board, even if I did check the flop. He can definitely have aces. I really can't shove here, its too thin, but I can't fold. If he has a set and I catch another K I get all the money.

I'm going to call and check the river. If he shoves, I'll fold. If he bets small, I'll call because I'm still ahead of those Kx type hands. But I really can't shove here!

Ok he bets smallish on the river. I can't raise but I'll call. If he has a big hand he is really really stupid.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      flop :

i don't think anybody is folding QQ JJ to just a cbet. i can see where you're going with your check, he's a very loose and aggressive guy, and you might get more value if you give him some rope to hang himself with. I still think he might just raise your c-bet anyway, so i don't mind just c-betting for the same purpose.

turn :

you checking the flop and then stabbing the turn could have induced a minraise-bluff from anything, which is what you wanted, rejoice. Shove over trying to make it look like a rebluff.
      You're indeed wa/wb but you already were in that situation on the flop and you weren't planning on folding TPTK against his range then. The 6 didn't change much, so if you lose your stack it doesn't change a thing.

He is playing 54/20/4.0 so until further notice you have to assume he really is really really stupid, that's why you're here.