This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] TT BvB 3bet

• caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($50.25)
      Hero ($86.67)
      UTG ($8.75)
      CO ($11.50)
      BTN ($49.35)

Dealt to Hero T:club: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $2, Hero raises to $6, SB calls $4

FLOP ($12) J:spade: 8:club: 5:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $8, SB calls $8

TURN ($28) J:spade: 8:club: 5:club: 7:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $17, SB raises to $36.25 (AI), Hero folds

SB wins $59

Villain was 26/13/1.7 over 3.3k.

Would you maybe refrain from cbetting? I figured my hand was still the best a good portion of the time. What about turn? Should I have just given it up then? Can I b/f this at all? Or do I have to go broke once I bet?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Flop is a gray area. He seems to be calling a lot preflop, so he likely has a piece of that flop, a TPGK, maybe a SD/FD, or pair+GS/pair+FD, less likely an overpair. Unless i know he is gonna c/r here with a large range because it's a blinds battle, i'm still cbetting for value, planning on checking behind the turn and reevaluating river.

As played on the turn, it sucks big time, which is why i wouldn't bet again to begin with. c/c c/r line is as scary as your odds are good. But we're looking at T9, a set, TPTK or a slowplayed overpair, so still i'm folding my 2nd pair.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

As long you can still improve your hand I would likely prefer to Check behind on turn and reevaluate river. I often see only a better hand Calling on such flop, I don't really expect him to float a lot worse with such flops being OOP.

Best regards,
      Rensu