This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Set on 4-str8 board

• caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($11.50)
      BB ($12.25)
      UTG ($42.17)
      CO ($55.15)
      Hero ($58.38)

Dealt to Hero 8:spade: 8:diamond:

UTG calls $0.50, CO raises to $2.25, Hero calls $2.25, fold, fold, UTG calls $1.75

FLOP ($7.50) 7:spade: 8:club: 4:spade:

UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $4.50, UTG calls $4.50, CO folds

TURN ($16.50) 7:spade: 8:club: 4:spade: T:diamond:

UTG checks, Hero bets $13, UTG calls $13

RIVER ($42.50) 7:spade: 8:club: 4:spade: T:diamond: 6:heart:

UTG bets $22.42 (AI), Hero folds

UTG wins $40.38

Bigger cbet on the flop? And easy fold on the river, right?
  • 3 replies
    • nubbe2
      nubbe2
      Black
      IMO Bigger bet on flop. then push AI on turn.
      since he would only have 20 BB left if u bet bigger on flop and pot bet on turn.

And u would get odds for calling on river.

Depending the opponents and table image i would light 3 bet on pre flop since you got position.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Calling is fine preflop, UTG will come along and you can play your PP for set value with a fish.

You were not the preflop aggressor, so it's not a c-bet, but yes, bet bigger on the flop for value, like 6,5$.

On the turn depending on the player you either wanna shove, or just b/c like 2/3 so you don't scare him off, knowing that you're not folding on the river no matter what after that.

As played against an unknown, i still think i'm calling, he could still have a busted flush draw, a lower set or random 2 pairs, and you're almost getting 3:1.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Yes bet bigger on flop for protection/value and shove turn and wouldn't have such decision on river, I would likely Call there, he can still shove some 2pair+ hands and you are getting pretty good odds.

Best regards,
      Rensu