[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Sh Aa

• VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      Oppopnent 26/13 just over 23 hands. Can i play for stacks here :

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($50.80)
      BB ($53.30)
      UTG ($8.30)
      MP ($20)
      CO ($34.70)
      Hero (Button) ($67.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, A
      2 folds, CO calls $0.50, Hero bets $2.75, 1 fold, BB calls $2.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($6.25) 8, 2, 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4.50, BB raises to $11.50 Hero ???
  • 4 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Tough to say without reads, 26/13 over 23 hands could be anything.

If he looks like a tag :

He is likely 3betting JJ+ preflop because just calling sucks with a limper, as it's likely gonna hand up behind a 3way pot, so he can't be that confident in his 99-TT overpair that he wants to stack off with it here.

He also knows that unless you have a big pair, you totally missed that flop, so he probably thinks it's a good flop for him to make a move on and (semi-)bluffraise you. Given that a set is hard to flop and you're in position, i would call that raise and see what he does on the turn. Unless he committed himself to a multistreet bluff, he'll likely tell you exactly what his hand is comes the turn card. If it's a club i'm folding to a bet, probably same thing if it's a blank and he open shoves.

If he looks fishy :

He could have coldcalled anything from the blinds and be spazzing out with any overpair or top pair. There are a lot more of those than sets, so i'm not folding. Given that it's somewhat dry because i wouldn't expect a fish to raise a flushdraw and that i have position, i will likely just call to give him a chance to put more money in the pot in his own terms. Unless i see him as a guy who doesn't like to be bluffed off an overpair, in which case i might just shove over and expect a call from worse hands all day long.

Hope that helps.
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      Yeah, i know, so i got lost in this situation. What you personally would do ?
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      up
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against unknown I´d likely not like to fold aces, at least on the flop.
      So I´d bet/call flop, since you´re ip and evaluate on the turn
      It also helps that you have A :club: , which could win pot if he has there smt like set.
      When you call then pot is 29$ and imo it is very hard to bluff again with complete air, but when he decides to bet 20$ with blank turn, then I´d likely shove, since his c/r, lead value range is mostly sets and there are a lot of draws that he could hold.