This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Sh Aa

• VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Diamond
      Oppopnent 26/13 just over 23 hands. Can i play for stacks here :

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($50.80)
      BB ($53.30)
      UTG ($8.30)
      MP ($20)
      CO ($34.70)
      Hero (Button) ($67.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, A
      2 folds, CO calls $0.50, Hero bets $2.75, 1 fold, BB calls $2.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($6.25) 8, 2, 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4.50, BB raises to $11.50 Hero ???
  • 4 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Tough to say without reads, 26/13 over 23 hands could be anything.

If he looks like a tag :

He is likely 3betting JJ+ preflop because just calling sucks with a limper, as it's likely gonna hand up behind a 3way pot, so he can't be that confident in his 99-TT overpair that he wants to stack off with it here.

He also knows that unless you have a big pair, you totally missed that flop, so he probably thinks it's a good flop for him to make a move on and (semi-)bluffraise you. Given that a set is hard to flop and you're in position, i would call that raise and see what he does on the turn. Unless he committed himself to a multistreet bluff, he'll likely tell you exactly what his hand is comes the turn card. If it's a club i'm folding to a bet, probably same thing if it's a blank and he open shoves.

If he looks fishy :

He could have coldcalled anything from the blinds and be spazzing out with any overpair or top pair. There are a lot more of those than sets, so i'm not folding. Given that it's somewhat dry because i wouldn't expect a fish to raise a flushdraw and that i have position, i will likely just call to give him a chance to put more money in the pot in his own terms. Unless i see him as a guy who doesn't like to be bluffed off an overpair, in which case i might just shove over and expect a call from worse hands all day long.

Hope that helps.
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Diamond
      Yeah, i know, so i got lost in this situation. What you personally would do ?
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Diamond
      up
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against unknown I´d likely not like to fold aces, at least on the flop.
      So I´d bet/call flop, since you´re ip and evaluate on the turn
      It also helps that you have A :club: , which could win pot if he has there smt like set.
      When you call then pot is 29$ and imo it is very hard to bluff again with complete air, but when he decides to bet 20$ with blank turn, then I´d likely shove, since his c/r, lead value range is mostly sets and there are a lot of draws that he could hold.