[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Sh Qq

• VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      Opponent is fishy 54/17/inf/WTSD: 5/15

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($64.80)
      BB ($62.65)
      UTG ($76.85)
      Hero (MP) ($50)
      Button ($50)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q, Q
      UTG calls $0.50, Hero bets $2.75, 3 folds, UTG calls $2.25

Flop: ($6.25) 9, 8, J (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $5, UTG raises to $10, Hero ??
  • 7 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      This hand looks a lot prettier then it actually is.

You don't really want to see another Q, the only card you're happy with would be a T, as he likely doesn't have KQ.
      He could have 2 pairs already, a set, an OESD, an OESD with a pair.
      He could also do that with AJ, KJ, QJ or with air, because he's very loose and aggressive, so he can have a lot of junk hands here.

Without a read on the c/mr but with position, i would probably call to see what he does on the turn. You are in position against him, so you are gonna play a lot of pots with him to get his money. I feel that the information you gain on his limp/call c/mr line for further hands, coupled with the fact that you could very well be ahead right now makes this a call.

If i understand your "WTSD : 5/15" correctly, he isn't a total showdown monkey, so chances are he'll give up on the turn if he was bluffing.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

You can likely Call it on flop and reevaluate turn with having position on him, he can do such minraises with many kind of different hands as Jx hand, some pair+draw hand or whatever, folding would be a bit too weak without any specific reason.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      Lets say i call and turn come a brick ( 2c ).
      He bets half pot. Should i fold ?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      I wouldn't expect him to continue with his bluffs by betting 1/2 pot on a blank turn, so this would be for value in his mind. At that point i'd love to have seen him play a bit beforehand to get a read on his betsizing.

Does he get the idea of pot odds ? Probably not, he minraised the flop.
      Is 13$ a big bet from his point of view ? No clue.

In other words, does he know he's pot-committing himself when he bets that, and would he bet more if he had more than a top pair ?

Without knowing anything, this is pretty marginal and high variance. If you feel like folding to save yourself a headache, no argument here.

I would probably assume that a 1/2 pot bet on a blank turn is a lot less aggressive than his c/r line on the flop, and put him on a J with or without a redraw, which i don't think he's folding anymore.
      Since i'm not folding anymore either when i call, i would just shove over right there, as there are a lot of river cards i don't want to see.

I'd like to get a judge's opinion tough.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VytenisN
      Lets say i call and turn come a brick ( 2c ).
      He bets half pot. Should i fold ?
      I think a lot of times he hold there Jx hand, so I would call turn and likely also call river
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace

Since i'm not folding anymore either when i call, i would just shove over right there, as there are a lot of river cards i don't want to see.
      I thought the same way, too many turn cards scare me, so i pushed.
      He holded QT , so he floped straight. From coach's opinion i understood we should go broke here, but i still doubt if it is better to push right on flop, or call it.
      Board is so ugly and since earlier he didn't show much aggresion i don't believe he will bluff me often enough.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Probably depends on what you think this guy does with Jx here on a blank turn.

If he has Jx and he donks it on the turn after c/r the flop i'm assuming he's not going anywhere if we push, plus i don't really mind taking it down right now.
      If you think he can find a fold, then calling turn and calling on any river is better, but i'm not sure he would bet again the river with that hand UI, and if he checks, there are a lot of river cards where i would know i have to value bet, but wouldn't feel like doing it, if that makes any sense :p