SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Known players:      
      MP2:
      $1.81
      Hero:
      $1.85

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) K:spade: , J:diamond: , 4:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.70, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $1.85

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, kings (Kh Kd)

Hero wins with three of a kind, kings (Kh Kd)

I had to go allin on the flop, but there was no flushdraw possible and I had very good hand so I decided to play it a little slower. Is is bad to play like that?
  • 3 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Betting 0,7 on the flop won't make it much slowed. If you want to trap him, you have to check behind on flop and hope he bets turn.

I'm not very fond of slowplaying in micros though, because players tend to be very passive there, so you can often get higher EV by betting, betting, betting.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I just follow my standard line and cbet. I prefer to slowplay on dry multiway flops where I can easily balance with the hands were i've completely missed and don't bet.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey SPeedFANat1c,

if you really want to slowplay then you have to check behind as mentioned before, but I wouldn't recommend such play against unknown(slowplay works only against aggressive opponents) and specially not on low limits. So, just push as you would with any other hand, because c-betting more than half of your stack doesn't make much sense.

Regards,
      burek2000