$25,10
      Hero:
      $25,35
      MP2:
      $4,40
      BU:
      $44,31

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:diamond: , 4:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0,25, 2 folds, BU calls $0,25, SB calls $0,15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1,00) 3:diamond: , 4:club: , K:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,75, MP2 folds, BU calls $0,75, SB folds.

Turn: ($2,50) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,75, BU raises to $3,50, Hero calls $1,75.

River: ($9,50) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $10,75,

BU isn't raising preflop, which makes it even harder to put him on a hand.

What would be appropriate betting sizes on flop/turn?

His call on the flop and reraise on the turn feels pretty strong, but I call hoping to hit a flush. On the river something interesting happens. I hit a two-pair and he bets over pot. Easy fold here? But why does he bet so big if he wants me to call? A turned straight, sets and higher two-pairs beat me...
  • 3 replies
    • BloodyB
      BloodyB
      Bronze
      Im not betting a draws in a multi way pot, i just try to hit. U dont have too big fold eq in a 4 way pot and u are playing without position, so c/c seems to be better option. as played folding on a river is ok, but with that guy is tough to fold 2 pairs
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      I'm not sure i would bet that flop with bottom pair and a 8-high FD into 3 players, 2 of whom are likely bad, one of them being extremely shortstacked. If you get raised you're out, if you get called and your flush hit you can't be sure the other guy wasn't peeling with a higher flush, if the shortstack does anything other than fold it also sucks.
      You only want to see an 8 or a 4, so be careful.

On the turn, i don't think you get BU to fold anything that he called with on the flop either.

On the river you hit 2 pairs, meaning if he has Kx you're ahead now, yet he might check behind with those. I would probably donk/fold the river for value, because if you get raised again you're likely looking at a set or a straight. Also it prevents you from having to decide what to do on the river if he bets big, which is what he did.

As played on the turn, when he raises i wouldn't put him on a higher flush draw anymore. Given that you get great odds but you are out of position, you need some confidence that if you donk/call the river into him he's gonna at least call with whatever he has, which i think he will, so calling is fine.

As played on the river, flip a coin =) . Just kidding.
      You now have a stronger-than-on-the-turn bluff catcher. He might be bluffing, but i think this is more often than not a pure value bet on his part, so i would just muck it.

Hope it helps.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      seems like 56 or some other strong hand
      b/c line on the turn is fine, because you likely has flush outs.
      you can c/f river, I doubt he´d play that strongly on Kx hand