UTG+1 ($24.50)
      UTG+2 ($58.81)
      MP1 ($13.17)
      MP2 ($11.72)
      MP3 ($50)
      CO ($22.39)
      Hero ($9.45)

Dealt to Hero 9:club: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, UTG calls $1

FLOP ($3.25) 3:club: 8:club: A:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $2, UTG raises to $4, Hero raises to $7.95 (AI), UTG calls $3.95

Opponent is unknown. Though the FD is very weak here, I think I'm still good to go, as I need about 30% equity for an AI.
  • 3 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I'm not overly keen, I don't find a higher :club: in one of their hands unlikely. We're definately drawing and quite often drawing dead. I lay this one down.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Versus an unknown I'd probably call. I'd need to be sure of villain's passivity before I could fold as we are probably priced-in to call. I am a calling station. Nothing too much wrong with folding versus an unknown either.

If villain is at all likely to play aggressively then you should check the flop. If villain is likely to c/r Ax or better, broadway type hands with one club ,then by cbetting you all too often end up by getting the money in bad on the flop. There are potentially tons of hands against which you have very little equity (AdJc etc) and possibly none that you have dominated. The pots you pick up with a cbet here are unlikely to pay enough for all the bad times (unless villain plays weakly).
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nunki
      If villain is at all likely to play aggressively then you should check the flop. If villain is likely to c/r Ax or better, broadway type hands with one club ,then by cbetting you all too often end up by getting the money in bad on the flop. There are potentially tons of hands against which you have very little equity (AdJc etc) and possibly none that you have dominated. The pots you pick up with a cbet here are unlikely to pay enough for all the bad times (unless villain plays weakly).
      + As played, just stick it in but I think the thinking process whether to make a c-bet or not and the possible consequences is far more important here.

Best regards,
      Gerv