Bad beats or poorly played? Comments are welcome

• PinaudEnrique
      Hand converted with online hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      UTG1 calls $0.10, UTG2 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.7, 4 folds, UTG1 calls $0.60, UTG2 calls $0.60, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 4, T, J (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, UTG2 checks, Hero bets $1.70, UTG1 calls $1.70, UTG2 raises to $3.4, Hero calls $1.70, UTG1 raises to $10.75(All-In), UTG2 calls $3.85, Hero calls $5.10(All-In).

Turn: ($28.85) J (3 players)

River: ($28.85) 8 (3 players)

Final Pot: $28.85.

Results follow:

UTG2 shows a full-house, tens full of jacks (T T)
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks (A A)
      UTG1 shows a full-house, fours full of jacks (4 4)
      UTG2 wins with a full-house, tens full of jacks (T T).
  • 8 replies
    • Berkstajger
      This is BSS?

Well I'm not a NL player but you were preflop aggresor and you got 2 (big) raises after your bet from big stackers. I would get the hell out the play even though I know it's hard to fold pocket rockets...

Btw, I like UTG1's flop play. :)

P.s. It might be better to post this hand here:
    • Schnitzelfisch

I'm not a NL player but still, I think you have to shove after you get reraised on flop with your overpair because you beat flush draws, Jx and OESDs and it isn't likely that you're facing a set.

• kingdippy2008

First you should rebuy to 100bb even after u have lost just 1bb ;)

I think that on NL10 AA is a pretty easy shove. After UTG2 reraises i think you should shove over him. A lot of the time AJ or AT could call here, lower pockets as well and even straight + flush draws.

And btw for your hands to be evaluated you should post them here:

• cheru
      I'd recommend to raise bigger preflop. I know 4bb+1bb/limper is told and its okay, but AA in a multiway pot isnt that good. Except it has been an extremely tight table I'd raise to 8 oder 9 bb to isolate someone and with that many limpers its very likely at least one will call. But even if they still all call (which just rises ur profit longterm) and also as played, I'd just push all in on the flop. Many NL10 fishes might call with draws, TPTK or other overpairs. Longterm, you'll profit from it imho.
    • delete461
      This is marginal when you get checkraised by one opponent - here you are checkraised by TWO opponents, clearly you are beaten. Get the hell out of their way.
    • RahXephon1
      I think the only think you could do differently was a stronger raise on the flop since the board was drawy, still probably difficult to fold there since you could be playing against flush/straight draws, AJ. Preflop I dont really think you could bet more and be sure to keep one player in.

I don't like UTG1 play, he was really lucky to be paired against hands strong enough to pay him off. Those hands would pay him even if he raised, but in this way he just gave free cards on a drawy board (draws probably wouldn't raise on a 3 way board). A 9,Q or any spade would make his trips OOP look pretty silly :D . Off course this is just my opinion and I'm a terrible BSS player, so please feel free to correct any stupid things I said.
    • Dragar
      UTG+1 play is almost perfect, he should c/r not c/c c/r on that board.

I always check on draw-heavy multi-way boards because:
      1. Someone should have the draw
      2. Someone else is pre-flop aggressor, meaning he will most likely bet because he knows someone is on a draw
      3. I can c/r them nicely giving them bad odds for their draws

To OP
      Fold that AA after UTG1 shove.
    • delete461
      I think UTG+1 played it horribly.

First of all he open limped on a table with several shortstacks/halfstacks, meaning he would probably have to fold to a raise behind him (no implied odds).

When he flopped his set his first action was not checkraise it was check/call. This is very bad play when two other players are looking at a suited and connected board imo.