[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH 88 BIg Blind raised pott

• grummeler
      grummeler
      Bronze
      HI, i wonder if i made the maximum out of this hand.
      should i donk the flop ?
      should i raise bigger at the turn ?
      What about the river value bet ?
      just want to check my line here

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($73)
      Button ($50)
      SB ($50)
      Hero (BB) ($53.65)
      UTG ($73.65)
      MP ($104.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:club: , 8:diamond:
      UTG bets $1.75, 1 fold, CO calls $1.75, 1 fold, SB calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.25

Flop: ($7) 8:heart: , Q:club: , 5:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

Turn: ($7) 9:heart: (4 players)
      SB bets $4, Hero raises $13, 2 folds, SB calls $9

River: ($33) 7:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $20, SB calls $20

Total pot: $73
  • 3 replies
    • nubbe2
      nubbe2
      Black
      I would donk it since there is some draws out there and there is a four way pot you don't wanna give a free card to any hand there.

And some opponents would often get all their money in with tptk if the board is draw heavy.

FLOP- Donk for Value//Protection

Turn is hard since u got two players after you , and since sb lead out that is strength to me so i would raise to see where I'm at.

I wouldn't make it bigger since u still have two players after you and u would not getting odds for calling if someone has a made hand and the push AI.

As played i would not value bet river. Just my opinion.

Because he is likely to fold any 2p their there and just check call any str8.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      You can't really expect UTG to c-bet that board into 3 people very often, plus there are some draws out there, meaning if its checked around, a 9c comes and you get action you won't feel really good.
      So i would also bet like 5,5$ and hope that somebody has a piece of it. You're not really loosing value from worse made hands, because 8x 5x won't ever bet into 3 people, and someone with a Qx is never folding to just your flop bet unless his kicker sucks, in which case he wouldn't have bet himself anyway.

On the turn, i don't think that guy would donk out suddenly without at least a strong Qx, most likely Q9 or 98 for turned 2 pairs, of course a straight with 76, and maybe a backdoor heart flushdraw with one overcard. You're giving the FD great odds but you can't really mess with his odds unless you bet very strong, and that may scare worse made hands away. I think you can pump it to maybe 15$ without getting folds from these.

On the river his check doesn't really tell us much, he could do it with the made flush also. I think i would assume he still has 2 pairs and bet something small enough to ensure a call. Pot would be 37$, 23$ would likely get a call from Q9. If you get c/r'ed it sucks because he knows he doesnt have fold equity, but whatever, you're committed and i won't believe him for a 6, so he's only repping the flush.

Hope it makes sense.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d lead on that flop 6$, a lot of times UTG would raise there with AQ+ and you can get all-in way ahead.
      turn and river are fine.