[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Sh Aa

• VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      opponent 13/0/inf just 23 hands/ Fold to c-bet: 50 (1/2) / raise c-bet 50 ( 1/2)

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

MP ($17.73)
      CO ($23.72)
      Hero (Button) ($25.25)
      SB ($26.59)
      BB ($26.43)
      UTG ($32.19)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, A
      UTG bets $0.50, 1 fold, CO calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.60, 3 folds, CO calls $2.10

Flop: ($6.05) 9, 10, J (2 players)
      CO bets $3, Hero ??
  • 4 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Ugliest flop ever for AA obviously, tough spot especially against that guy, without any read on his donk range it's a gray area.

1/2 donks are more often scared bets from weak hands than inducers from monsters.

The point is you have to decide right away if he can go broke with top pair/overpairs on that board. If the answer is yes then so can you, raise him and get the money in. If the answer is no, i would still raise him on the flop but likely fold to any more action, especially if he just calls and the turn is a bad card.

Bottom line it sucks without reads, i'm raising to a non-committing amount because that's what i do to donk bets, and i take it from there.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d call, because you likely don´t want to call shove, so I think you shouldn´t play there for stacks.
      He has likely very good equity, whatever he donked out on the flop.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      I don't mind playing it safe by just calling the small flop donk, but what do we do after that ?

Are we calling on a blank turn if he donks 1/2 again ? If we do call the turn, do we call another blank river for the same type of donkbet ?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      I don't mind playing it safe by just calling the small flop donk, but what do we do after that ?

Are we calling on a blank turn if he donks 1/2 again ? If we do call the turn, do we call another blank river for the same type of donkbet ?
      I think you can call again on the blank turn and likely also small river bet.
      Just there are so many draws and if they all miss, then I tend to keep players honest (and you can´t be really sure, that he isn´t betting there for value with Jx)