The best, the worst, the interesting and the way up

• Paznecht
      Paznecht
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      my name is Michal and I am 20. Currently I am studying Software technologies and management at CTU in Prague, Czech rep.

I was playing some kinda weird version of donk poker since I started. Soon after I went broke and while not wanting to deposit (in fear of losing the money again) I was left to freerolls, which was terrible, because those freerolls i have been playing were something like 100$ freeroll with 8000 people attending and 5 minute blinds...just pure luck to win this and even if you won, you would have just a few dollars. Once i finished 6th (but this one had "only" 1800 poeple), due to a donk with 64o calling allin on X:club: X:club: 6:club: board, when I had flush ... turn 6, river 4 and I busted.
      Then I slowly lost all of my remaining BR and went for a long break, also because of my final exams at high school.

Few months after, I got back. Used some of my party points to get some $ (~15) and started to play totaly according the articles here. First I lost it all (variance) so since I had some more party points left I bought another 10$.
      While still playing the basic SSS I got up to 100$ and then started studying the articles more. Added some steals, re-steals etc. got to 150$ and moved to NL25 and while clearing a 100$ bonus at party I got myself to ~300$ BR which allowed me to play NL50. But that wasn't succesfull and it started my long downsing. So at 250$ after a short session I moved back to NL25 and got to ~290. Then I withdrew 100$ and due to school I took a break.

When I came back again I tried to get the BR back to 300 to play NL50, but my swing kept my BR dropping down. At ~120$ I moved back to NL10 but with no more succes and the variance and pot commiting of the SSS I dropped to 110$ and decided to stop with SSS. So I read few basic articles about BSS and started playing NL5 BSS (although I should have a little more $, but it's micro, so I don't think it will hurt that much here).

Now I have played ~5k hands of NL5 BSS and I am break even.
      BR: 124$ thanks to million dollar hand promotion which gave me 10$ :P

So...

The reason for me to create a blog here was, as well as for most other poeple here, to at first place improve my game. It's a long term goal, and I know, it won't be fast, but I am patient :)
      Along with improving my game neturaly comes moving up in the limits, but no longer SSS anymore.

And to the way I want to lead this blog...After each session I will, as the topic says, post 2-3 where I won the most money in order to if I played it only as a lucky donk or wether I could have extracted even more value etc. Then I will post the hands where I lost the most in order to know where I felt in love with the hand, missintepreted the stats etc.
      And finaly some hands that were interesting in some way (dunno how to play them, weird villain play,...)

So to set some goals, as most people do (I hope it helps me too in sticking to them having the goals written down):

[ ] re-read all the articles in silver section
      [ ] know when opponent has a set when I have an overpair
      [ ] know how to extract more value from my own sets
      [ ] fold a little more while already being in the hand (don't fall in love with hands)
      [ ] get back to 300$
      [ ] study more, play less
      [ ] stick to the goals
      [x] write the goals down
      and as a side goal [ ] improve english by writing here regularly

The first hands will be without stats due to my Elephant not working so...

[ ] working Elephant

I would appreciate any comments to my hands from you :f_p:

PS: I know the hand evaluation forum would be better in certain way, but I hope this won't be only about particular hands...
  • 2 replies
    • Paznecht
      Paznecht
      Bronze
      And finaly the hands and session...
      (btw, my sessions will mostly be short, so maybe sometimes I will combine more sessions here)

Session #1 (not necessarily my first NL5 BSS session, but first in this thread)
      Hands : 338
      Amount won : 8,21$
      BB / 100 : 30,36

The best :
      First hand are Aces, flopping set while other player has AK. Nothing to post.

This one is not well played. I think this is one of the lucky donk, because of the MP2 caller, where I didn't have any idea what he could have had. But I thought the raiser was unlikely to have something here.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $1,46
      Hero:
      $6,01
      BU:
      $11,68

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 6:club: , 6:spade:
      Hero calls $0,04, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,04, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,04, BU raises to $0,16, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,12, MP2 calls $0,12, CO folds.

Flop: ($0,58) 7:spade: , 5:spade: , 2:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, BU bets $0,20, Hero calls $0,20, MP2 calls $0,20.

Turn: ($1,18) 6:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, BU checks.

River: ($1,18) J:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,84, MP2 folds, BU calls $0,84.

Final Pot: $2,86

Not more money gaining hands to discuss here

and to The worst

This was a missclick when I called QQ utg and then I wasn't sure about the cbet at all. The flop was rather dry so I tried to cbet. But it didn't work.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $6,65
      Hero:
      $5,27
      BU:
      $5,93

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      Hero calls $0,04, MP1 calls $0,04, 3 folds, BU raises to $0,16, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,60, MP1 calls $0,56, BU calls $0,44.

Flop: ($1,86) 2:club: , K:club: , 8:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1,20, MP1 calls $1,20, BU raises to $5,33 (All-In), Hero folds, MP1 calls $4,13.

Turn: ($13,72) 9:diamond:
      River: ($13,72) 2:diamond:

Final Pot: $13,72

This was a short session so there is not much more hands to post, but I will take on hand from a more recent session that I wasn't very happy about and take it as the interesting

Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $10,25
      Hero:
      $5,06

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,04, Hero raises to $0,20, 5 folds, MP1 calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,46) 9:spade: , 3:heart: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0,33, MP1 calls $0,33.

Turn: ($1,12) 8:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1,12) 9:club: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $9,72 (All-In), Hero raises to $4,53 (All-In).

Final Pot: $15,37

edit: Forgot to say one important thing...villain was rather tight (~ 12/9) so I didn't think he could have called me with any X9

I will post results of these hands before the next session's report.
    • Paznecht
      Paznecht
      Bronze
      [x] working Elephant
      so elephant is working again, so I can post hands with stats, so it'll be better

[/] know when opponent has a set when I have an overpair

it's partialy done, but still it costs me a lot to find out villain has set, so i need a cheaper method, but...it works now somehow

and regarding this point
      [ ] know how to extract more value from my own sets

What do you think about raising PP even in early or MP?

//edit: I will let this blog die, it's worthless :P