This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl 50 (9,9) 1 overcard; passive plyr 3bet

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9.00
      MP2:
      $46.85

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9:diamond: , 9:spade:
      Hero raises to $2.00, MP2 calls $2.00, 5 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) 8:heart: , 4:spade: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, MP2 raises to $6.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $13.75

Given aggression factor (which I didn't check at time), ok to fold here?
  • 5 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      22 hands don't reflects his real AF. bet 2/3 of the pot/fold against this unknown is a standard play.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Sorry; I should have clarified my post. Obviously correct to c-bet 2/3. However, given the re-raise, it also seems correct to fold as played (also a standard play as you say).

I mentioned AF because villain has seen 18 flops out of 22 hands therefore seems to be very loose; however, with AF of only 1 it seems reasonable to assume that he's played those 18 flops passively. If that's a fair assumption, it makes it less likely that the 3bet is a bluff, I think? Do you think one should never take AF into account with 82% vpip, even with small hand sample?

Thanks
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Do you think one should never take AF into account with 82% vpip, even with small hand sample?Thanks
      You should take the AF into account regardless to his vpip%. all I'm saying it won't be that reliable since the sample is too small.
      I would actually take into consideration his fold to c-bet% rather then his AF when I'm thinking on c-betting here.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Why not check his WTS? 42% is quite a lot.

As the overcard is a Q, I'm quite tempted to call his raise. Either that or pushing directly on flop. Villain looks like such a fish.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Tim,

Looking at this WTS, he is definitly a calling station that calls you with overcards and all kinds of hands which you are way ahead against.

Additionally, you have to bet like 40-42% of your stack as a C-bet OOP against Fish. Because of that I am leaning towards a direct shove since his F2cbet% will be low but this is just speculating.

As Im OOP i tend to shove more to negate my position.
      Best regards,
      Gerv