This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99 NL25 cbet got called, All in at river

• hongchang
      hongchang
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $4.80
      MP1:
      $19.65
      MP2:
      $6.65
      MP3(Hero):
      $5.35
      CO:
      $25.00
      BU:
      $33.10
      SB:
      $25.00
      BB:
      $26.80

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9, 9.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.35)
      5, 2, A (2 players) MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.10, MP1 calls $1.10.

Turn: ($4.55)
      2 (2 players) MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.55)
      5 (2 players) MP1 checks, Hero bets $3.25, MP1 calls $3.25.

Final Pot: $11.05.
      Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, nines and fives (9d 9s)
      MP1 shows two pairs, aces and fives (Ad 7d)
      MP1 wins with two pairs, aces and fives (Ad 7d).

In addition, I have only 50 hands on the opponent.

Vpip/Pfr: 44/15
      Fold to cbet on flop/AF/WTS : 33/1/53

My initial thoughts was that he was calling my cbet with nothing, due to his high Vpip and Pfr. And then when he checked on the turn and river, i felt that he had nothing, and my 99 was good against him, hence i pushed all in.

Thanks for the evaluation!
  • 6 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      what's his AF? I'm pretty sure it's pretty low. what's his ccpf? pretty high? -> this guy is a passive fish.
      If he called you on the flop he probably had an Ace, a gut-shot with 3 or 4 or a PP ->The only hands that you beat which might call your bet are 66-88. -> check behind.
    • hongchang
      hongchang
      Bronze
      His AF is 1. What's ccpf? Is it cold call preflop? i'm not really used to the acroynms yet, and can only give a guess.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I tend not to bet again on river. The number of Villains who slowplay their Aces is insane imo. Once they call that flop bet I give up, maybe calling a very small bet on turn or river.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hongchang
      His AF is 1. What's ccpf? Is it cold call preflop? i'm not really used to the acroynms yet, and can only give a guess.
      cold call pre-flop
    • sm112
      sm112
      Black
      I don't get your logic - you assume he has nothing and therefor shove? If villain has nothing, he folds. If he has an ace, he will call. So it is very -EV to shove in this situation, as worse hands fold and better ones call.

Against a fish like this, I always bet/fold flop with my pocket pairs when an ace comes on the flop. No further action from me, even if I have pocket kings. So bet/fold flop and check/fold turn and river.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sm112
      I don't get your logic - you assume he has nothing and therefor shove? If villain has nothing, he folds. If he has an ace, he will call. So it is very -EV to shove in this situation, as worse hands fold and better ones call.
      I agree!

Hello hongchang,

Preflop I would make it to 5bb (4+1bb) to $1.25

even though the Board is very dry on a A52rainbow board, Betting 2/3 will make sure that non-Ax hands will fold!

As Mp1 calls, just check out on the Turn & River. this is because some players have a very low AF/AFq which means that they just check/call with made hands and never éver get the optimum value out of their hands.

Having that said, a contibet call and 2 checks on Turn & River doesn't mean he doesn't have anything, he is just passive - atleast if the AF is <1

Best regards,
      Ger