getting the 5000 raked hands

• veeRtje
      veeRtje
      Bronze
      ok i have a question. How do i get those raked hands the fastest and cheapest?

I am really bad at multi-tabling, cant concentrate on more then 1 thing at a time.
      I can easily hold my own in a .50/1 NL game as long as i single table.
      (I made $400 already :-).
      But even much lower stakes become a problem when i play 4 at a time.

So my idea is to 4table the lowest limit stakes (i dont like limit much, but its easier and faster imo)
      Will this work? do i get the same amount of raked hands from lower limits?
      please some advice.
  • 29 replies
    • mchaggis
      mchaggis
      Bronze
      It's not the limit, you should try increasing the number of table slowly in the way your play doesn't deteriorate due to additional tables.

When you easily handle 1 table switch to two. When you get bored playing at two open another one, ...

Eventually (it took me a month or two I suppose) you can easily play 4 tables at the same time, and later, if you decide to, go up to 6 (I haven't heard of a player playing more than 6 ring games)

BTW, If you have made $400 you're not really in a hurry to get additional $100, are you?
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      why do you switch form 1 table to 4tables ???

p.s: switch to 2 tables and when you feel you have control over the tables and get bored with 2 tables switch to 3 and so on
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      If you want to play more tables you should take a look at the short stack strategy, which by the way, i would recommend to everyone not really comfortable with NL.
    • veeRtje
      veeRtje
      Bronze
      thanks for the replies guys, i'm going to read SS strategy now (scary name for strategy on a german site ;) )
      One question remains though, do i get just as many raked hands from low stakes as from medium stakes? that way its easier for me to get my raked hands, still need about 4000.

ps. my bad humor was in no way meant to offend anyone, Ich hab viele deutsche freunde mit wem ich Counter-Strike spiel und ich hab euch alle lieb!
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veeRtje
      thanks for the replies guys, i'm going to read SS strategy now (scary name for strategy on a german site ;) )
      :D no problem, i had to laugh

In general you can say higher limit = more raked hands. But i can't give you some more detailed information. Fixed player here ;)

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • Alaton
      Alaton
      Black
      Actually you will get less raked hands on the lower limits (especially on the micro-limits) than in the mid limits.
      Somewhere in the german forums is/was a table showing the %hands raked on each limit but I can't find it right now.

In General, what Stefan said is true.

I kind of remember that NL100$ had the most raked hands out of them All, increasing steadily up from the low limits.

But if you plan on playing 4 tables of the lower Limits you will get the same amount of raked hands (as long as it isn't NL5$, where you really get like 0 raked hands..) or even some more.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      the ppcalc from the mainpage http://www.pokerstrategy.org.uk/download/ppcalc.zip
      says:
      NL50: 84.29% raked (i think its the highest one)
      NL100: 80.33% raked
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Thx frzl for your help
    • jpbothawyn777
      jpbothawyn777
      Bronze
      i am the only idiot that have to work hard here to get up the limits, $400. i get up to .50/1.00 and then fall down again hehe :D
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jpbothawyn777
      i am the only idiot that have to work hard here to get up the limits, $400. i get up to .50/1.00 and then fall down again hehe :D
      why do you fall down?
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      It took my quite a while to get past these limits when i started. During that time i still had a lot of leaks without knowing but i did the same like i do today visit coachings, read the sample hand boards and then there came i time i quickly climbed up the limits.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • Guillaumelittle
      Guillaumelittle
      Bronze
      Well this works for me :

Try to play 3 tables wiht the 0.05/0.10 lvl, is not that hard and i have got 4000 raked in just 8 Days :D
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veeRtje
      thats the reason why its called SSS :D but if you really want you can look such things in nearl every for shortcut. (no offend here too)
    • Niksu444
      Niksu444
      Bronze
      Hi, I have now about 4500 raked hands, but I am actually intrested to know how much money should I have won by now?

About a week ago I had about 140$ on my partypoker account (including the 50$ which i received from PokerStrategy), but receantly i had little downswing partly becouse my stupidy. I lost ~70$ in couple of days. 25$ of it I lost, becouse i wanted to try playing heads-up :) and 30$ I lost trying to play NL sit and go's.

Now i have about 75$ on my partypoker account and i would like to know how much i should of have or actually how much people have made while playing their first 5000 raked hands :) .

And thanks for PokerStrategy for the opportunity to play poker with real money! :) as a student u never have any extra to put in poker ;)
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Hi and i am happy that you enjoy our offer.

I will use this chance to give you a link to our Tell-A-Friend program.

Anyway comin back to your question.
      It is almost impossible to answer. But out of my experience i would say you are part of the 10% from beginners who are still in the + area after almost 5k raked hands.

When i started I was still break even after 7k hands ;)

Perhaps i can recommend you the following article: Professional Attitude because there is also a part where it is explained how beginners can judge if they play good or bad.

I know that this is probably not a satisfying answer but it is hard to tell where you should be after 4.5k raked hands.

There are some many sorts of different learning types. Mostly people start and will loose because they are not sticking 100% to the strategy we recommend and after loosing a bit some of them will change their game and learn more but most of them will just go broke.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • Cawo
      Cawo
      Bronze
      It is hard to say I think. But if u have 3BB/100 hands it is very good. I don't have. I had 3 downswing for about 40-70 BB in about 45 minutes. I was cracked few times and later played poor poker. Now I'm playing pretty good and I'm also on 75 $. Any plus for us beginners is great success I think. (I'm playing limit 0,1/0,2).
    • HFfan
      HFfan
      Bronze
      Hey guys. Greetings from Hungary. I am very happy that I tried whether I can see the english forum as well.

So. This question is my biggest fear too. How much I should have? How much others have? I had around +30$ when acquired the 5000 raked hands. The last 2 days were nightmare, every fish beating my ass, now I have 155$, and I really started to think I am not suitable for poker... But as I read this forum, starting to think I need more time, so thank you!! Really!!!

And to say the truth I am pretty happy about Stefan's post (only 10% has + near 5000rh), of course I have no big +, it is nearly nothning, but yesterday I palyed poor poor poker and lost 21$, and I moved UP(25/50c), which I shoudn't have done, I will move DOWN now, back to 10/20 and give myself time to make the "dream" come true, and earn money for living of poker.

C ya
    • serialced
      serialced
      Bronze
      I had about 430$ after 3500 hands, being at a very lucky 35BB/100 according to pokertracker (10NL and 25NL) but just after that i had a massive downswing because of terrible 'beats' (quads over quads, set over set, AA losing 7/8 all ins preflop, people going all in when i have the nut straight but outdrawing me on 4 or 2-outers,...)

Now im at about 160$ with 730 raked hands to go. So far im getting way more premium hands than average, but i cant hit a single flop, turn or river which is very frustrating to say the least.

As soon as i have the 100$ bonus (if i dont go busto earlier) ill cash out and deposit on stars. They have 6max 10NL tables that dont automatically mean that 80% of people buy in for 2$ and they have way better tournaments...

Im sorry to say this, but partypoker just doesnt cut it anymore for me.

No 6max 10NL tables, no HU cashgames and no decent tournaments.

Also the long wait for PP updates on pokerstrategy (PP fault i know ;) ) made me care less :/
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HFfan
      Hey guys. Greetings from Hungary. I am very happy that I tried whether I can see the english forum as well.

So. This question is my biggest fear too. How much I should have? How much others have? I had around +30$ when acquired the 5000 raked hands. The last 2 days were nightmare, every fish beating my ass, now I have 155$, and I really started to think I am not suitable for poker... But as I read this forum, starting to think I need more time, so thank you!! Really!!!

And to say the truth I am pretty happy about Stefan's post (only 10% has + near 5000rh), of course I have no big +, it is nearly nothning, but yesterday I palyed poor poor poker and lost 21$, and I moved UP(25/50c), which I shoudn't have done, I will move DOWN now, back to 10/20 and give myself time to make the "dream" come true, and earn money for living of poker.

C ya
      Hi HFfan and welcome to the english forum.

i don't know if that is interesting for you but when i started poker i played about the first 10.000 hands break even :D

Anyway i can just suggest the 3 major things you can do to improve your game.

[list]
      Read the necessary articles (and if possible, also some books) over and over again

Post as much sample hands as possible and also be active while discussing them or other hands posted here.

Watch some coachings if you can understand english then go and watch our coachings we have some really great players here.

Best regards,
      Stefan

And of course don't hesitate to ask if you have any question