Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $20.30
      MP3:
      $20.30

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , K:heart:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.60, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.80, BB folds, MP3 calls $1.20.

Flop: ($3.80) T:club: , J:club: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, MP3 calls $3.00.

Turn: ($9.80) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $7.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $16.80
  • 6 replies
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      I don't know what your question is, but i'd check/fold the flop. Sure, you got 2 overs and a gutshot, but this guy opens 6% (small sample but he is likely to not pass the 10% longterm) and then calls your 3bet.
      So this flop hits his range very hard.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bierbaer
      I don't know what your question is, but i'd check/fold the flop. Sure, you got 2 overs and a gutshot, but this guy opens 6% (small sample but he is likely to not pass the 10% longterm) and then calls your 3bet.
      So this flop hits his range very hard.
      I dont get what you imply by "10% longterm" and by "hits his range very hard" do you mean he's holding JJ or TT?
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      You already got 67 hands, what i mean by 10% longterm is that i don't think his PFR would raise above the 10% if you'd track another thousand hands.

By hit his range i mean he has TT+ or KQ here a lot of the time.
      Open up pokerstove and look at what 6% means, you'll see.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bierbaer
      You already got 67 hands, what i mean by 10% longterm is that i don't think his PFR would raise above the 10% if you'd track another thousand hands.

By hit his range i mean he has TT+ or KQ here a lot of the time.
      Open up pokerstove and look at what 6% means, you'll see.
      - I understand that he is prob not PFR 10% in the long term but how does this info affect the hand? Why is the 10% amount so important
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Why is the 10% amount so important
      I would say it isn't :p

He probably just pulled a number for the sake of the argument, before somebody came saying "you can't assume he's only raising 6%, we only have 67 hands !". Something close enough to a nit's stats but still bigger than the actual 6% just to be on the safe side.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Why is the 10% amount so important
      I would say it isn't :p

He probably just pulled a number for the sake of the argument, before somebody came saying "you can't assume he's only raising 6%, we only have 67 hands !". Something close enough to a nit's stats but still bigger than the actual 6% just to be on the safe side.
      +1
      I 'd also c/f flop, because you often get called or raised and you can't continue with your hand