one question

• tgrb68
      tgrb68
      Bronze
      Hi. i have been around for 4 weeks, so far i have earned 90pp. i was checking out the "New member reward system" page and i read that to get to silver you need to get 100pp ...... in the last 4 weeks??

it says exactly "* necessary qualification = PartyPoints achieved within the last 4 weeks"

i know if i play a little bit more i can get those 100pp in 4 weeks, but how many hands must be played in 4 weeks to get 800pp and get gold level? for platinum and diamond lever i rather not ask, i can play 1-2 hours daily and that's it :)

thanks
  • 5 replies
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Our Member Reward Systen is build up according to your knowledge.

Or at least we tried to build it up like this ;)

So first of all we don't expect someone on the lower limits to be a diamond member. Because that wouldn't make any sense.

So when you start playing poker we expect that you are not a genius (like me when i started over a year ago). So at our beginners and bronze area you get all the basic and fundamental stuffs you need. The basics of your poker education.

So with this knowledge you should be able to climb up a few limits. Also it is one thing to understand an article but another thing to implement the knowledge into your game.

Anyway the next step should be to implement more advanced stuff like blind defence and switiching over to Shorthanded games. That knowledge is available at the Silver Area and so on ...

2 Problems why it does not make sense to give you access to all articles right away.

1)
      A lot of advanced articles can be missunderstood by a beginner and turn into a lot of -EV moves.
      Like everything you start learning it is necessary that you do it step by step

2)
      Most beginners would not understand the concept or the strategy at all behind an advanced article.

But of course i don't think that i am telling a big secret that the concept is also designed to protect ourselves a bit. If we would offer all articles for free most people would just register copy/paste all articles and we would never see them again. So we are always trying to find a fair way for everyone.

Which limit are you playing?
      But don't worry actually you should get access to everything at the right time.

I hope you got what i mean?
      When not, just ask again and ill try to explain it in another way ;)

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • jpbothawyn777
      jpbothawyn777
      Bronze
      hi

its not as a daunting task as u think, the higher level u play, the easier it is to get the pp. But if ur like me ul get stuck on a few levels. ;) im at .25/.50 and is gold( cant beat .50/1.00, been up there twice and had to fall down hehe). i do play a bit more than 2 hours a day, but u will get gold easely at the 50./1.00.

What im trying to say is keep at ur 2 hours and u'l make it and it wont take that long.

cheers
    • tgrb68
      tgrb68
      Bronze
      Hi.

First i want to thank you both, Stephan and jpbothawyn777, for your posts

Im from Mexico and even that my english is quite good, i tend to overlook sometimes i read in english, and i try not to change to the spanish page as this is the way i use to keep on practicing.

when i first get to partypoker, i went stright to the tables and didn't worry much about partypoints, until now that i read this posts and did some reserch i realise that if you play higher levels you earn more pp per 20 hands played. and, like jpbothawyn777 said, if i keep on playing like im doing now, i will, sooner or later get there.

Im actually playing big stack at 0.02/0.04 level, and im halfway between the original $50 and the $150 mark to jump to 0.05/0.10 according to the bankroll management

I must admit that im quite anxious to get to silver, let me tell you why.... before i knew of pokerstrategy i was playing in another site, in wich there is no 0.02/0.04 level, if you play there in the lowest level, you go straight to 0.05/0.10. i put some money there and my bankroll was on a free fall.

when i knew about pokerstrategy by a chess magazine (im a chess fan too) and begin using the method and the SHC i managed to stop the fall of my bankroll in the other site but it is not increasing like in partypoker. i must say that now, i play on the other site every once in a while :)

As i only have 15 days left to play in 0.02/0.04 level in partypoker, i feel the need to know a little bit more so i can defend myself better when i reach 150 or when those 15 days are over as i expect 0.05/0.10 level in partypoker to be harder than in the other site.

but like we say here in Mexico "todo a su tiempo" ("everything will come at the proper time" can be the translation)

thanks

Tgrb68
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      How many PartyPoints you get per activity
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      And of course welcome here at the english board, feel free to post here too.

Best regards,
      Stefan