UTG ($21.41)
      UTG+1 ($24.03)------unknown
      CO ($27.00)
      BTN ($33.31)
      Hero (SB) ($25.89)
      BB ($9.27)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is SB Q:club: T:club:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks

Flop: T:spade: A:club: 8:club: ($0.75, 3 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BB folds, UTG+1 raises to $2.25, Hero calls $1.75

Turn: 3:heart: ($5.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

River: Q:spade: ($5.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets $3, UTG+1 raises to $10.75, Hero calls $7.75

b/f flop?
      how played b/f river?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      Completing is fine out of position if you don't know him. If you notice he limp/calls and then folds to cbet often i think raising is better.

I would pot the flop, i wanna be able to make huge value bets against an A if i hit my flush later on. Calling the raise is fine, he doesn't rebuy preflop so he's probably not so bright, if you hit he will surely pay you off with Ax or better.

On the turn i don't think you can make him fold what he raised the flop with, so checking the turn is fine. I have no idea what he would check behind tho, either he was bluffing on the flop or he doesn't get the concept of protection at all.

The rivered Q is a clear value bet, you can't just check it to him given that he checked the turn behind, he is not folding an A but if he checked it on the turn he might check it on the river. I would bet 4$.
      When he raises obviously it sucks, i think he just wanted to raise you the whole way and decided to stick to the plan when you checked the turn. He could also be bluffing again. He could have raised KJ on the flop but it's doubtful. He could have AQ and just made 2 pairs, but it's also unlikely.
      Obviously his play is bad no matter what he has and he could consider any A to be worth playing like that so we could be ahead, i can't really find a clear cut decison. I would probably call it too, we could be ahead, his line is weird and i wanna see what he is doing that with.
    • Bierbaer
      Calling preflop is ok if you're not comfortable playing the raised pot OOP.

I'd pot it at the flop, too. The call is ok, a 3bet would be overplayed since his raise shows strength.

At the river i would bet/fold.
      He got no reason to turn his Ax into a bluff, i think you'll see 2pairs here a lot, and most of them are Ax- 2pairs which beat you.
      Since he is unknown i wouldn't expect him to bluffraise that often vs you - you are unknown to him, too (most likely).