[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH, AK, TPTK on the turn.

• Firehoper
      Firehoper
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($18.33)
      BB ($9.57)
      UTG ($3.50)
      UTG+1 ($10.50)
      Hero ($10)
      BTN ($12.53)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BB calls $0.35, fold,

FLOP ($0.90) T:club: 3:spade: Q:heart:

check, check,

TURN ($0.90) T:club: 3:spade: Q:heart: A:club:

BB bets $0.90, Hero raises to $2.70, BB raises to $9, Hero folds,

BB wins $5.88

I have 214 hands on this guy, he is 26 / 9 / 1.4
      No clue if this hand was played in a good manner. :)
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Most people would c-bet that flop with likely 10 outs to the best hand. This guy seems passive tho, if you know he calls a lot of flops and don't feel like you can barrel him off anything, i don't mind the check behind.

As played on the turn he wakes up and pots it, meaning from that type of player either he's taking a tab at the pot after your check, or he just hit his gin card. I feel you don't really beat his value range for doing that, as QT AQ AT A3 33 KJ Ax are all hands he could play like that, i don't expect him to just suddenly pot Qx, Tx, a flush draw or a gutshot on an A turn. If he rarely 3 bets he could even show up with QQ and TT.

I would personally just call : if he is bluffing i want him to keep doing it on the river, if he is doing that for value i don't want to play for stacks against his range here without specific reads that he can overplay top pair x kicker, he seems too passive. I'm likely calling any river unless maybe he open shoves.

If you decide to raise because you feel he can spazz out with any Ax or worse and you have the best hand, i don't like folding to the 3bet, just follow your read, call it off and take a note.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Most people would c-bet that flop with likely 10 outs to the best hand. This guy seems passive tho, if you know he calls a lot of flops and don't feel like you can barrel him off anything, i don't mind the check behind.

As played on the turn he wakes up and pots it, meaning from that type of player either he's taking a tab at the pot after your check, or he just hit his gin card. I feel you don't really beat his value range for doing that, as QT AQ AT A3 33 KJ Ax are all hands he could play like that, i don't expect him to just suddenly pot Qx, Tx, a flush draw or a gutshot on an A turn. If he rarely 3 bets he could even show up with QQ and TT.

I would personally just call : if he is bluffing i want him to keep doing it on the river, if he is doing that for value i don't want to play for stacks against his range here without specific reads that he can overplay top pair x kicker, he seems too passive. I'm likely calling any river unless maybe he open shoves.

If you decide to raise because you feel he can spazz out with any Ax or worse and you have the best hand, i don't like folding to the 3bet, just follow your read, call it off and take a note.
      +1
      exactly this.