Chat question

• danutz123
      danutz123
      Bronze
      I was playing an S&G on Stars when I noticed a guy from Germany with the handle "Der Anwalt". Since I hate lawyers almost as much as bankers, I got rather abusive with the chat. Every time he'd win a hand, I'd say, "lawyers suck". Every time he lost, I'd say, "lawyers are cool". When he didn't call my bluff, I showed my cards and said, "Are you sure you shouldn't change your handle to 'Die Anwaltin'? When he extremely short-stacked called my all-in with 43 and lost, I said, "Lawyers are really cool".

My question is, I might have gone over the edge there, and lawyers being the slime they are, he might report me to the moderator. If he does, what's the worst they can do?
  • 12 replies
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      suspend your chat ability for some days / weeks / months, but you'd need to get a lot more offensive to earn a punishment.
      U'd have to say what his mother works as, and what u did when u met her last night...
    • justgeo
      justgeo
      Bronze
      dont ever worry about being abusive!!
      i have had some right table battles and forum battles over the months, its great fun sometimes. but no way would i ever say sorry for it. the ones that start it usually cant take it in return, so tough. the worst that can happen is chat is suspended for a short time. i have not known it to happen yet though and i can get abusive, believe me!
      at the end of te day though, its a game. when i play football, its war, but no matter what happens out there, i am man enough to shake the hand of my opponents, the same applies to poker.
      dont waste any time worrying about upsetting someone at the tables.
    • Vasco911
      Vasco911
      Bronze
      Years ago my chat was banned on GPP ( Golden Palace Poker ) for making a joke about the hands being rigged.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by danutz123
      I was playing an S&G on Stars when I noticed a guy from Germany with the handle "Der Anwalt". Since I hate lawyers almost as much as bankers, I got rather abusive with the chat. Every time he'd win a hand, I'd say, "lawyers suck". Every time he lost, I'd say, "lawyers are cool". When he didn't call my bluff, I showed my cards and said, "Are you sure you shouldn't change your handle to 'Die Anwaltin'? When he extremely short-stacked called my all-in with 43 and lost, I said, "Lawyers are really cool".

My question is, I might have gone over the edge there, and lawyers being the slime they are, he might report me to the moderator. If he does, what's the worst they can do?
      Look man... Poker is so to say a Gentleman's game. People who try to insult others in the chat etc. are pretty childish in my opinion.

Respect other players.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Are you retarded, 15 years old or just plain stupid?

You deserve to be banned from chat, if you played like that vs someone in a live game and I was there I'd smash your teeth for sure.

How can you be so offensive to someone you don't even know? You're just a neo-racist who is discriminative to people just because they have a certain job. Seriously, get a life.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze

This is perfectly ok. Worst case scenario he'll call moderators who'll ask you to stop being abusive and if you continue your chat might be disabled for some time. If you play this well you might get him tilting and get some bucks from him.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Originally posted by Primzi
      Are you retarded, 15 years old or just plain stupid?

You deserve to be banned from chat, if you played like that vs someone in a live game and I was there I'd smash your teeth for sure.

How can you be so offensive to someone you don't even know? You're just a neo-racist who is discriminative to people just because they have a certain job. Seriously, get a life.
      +1
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luitzen

This is perfectly ok. Worst case scenario he'll call moderators who'll ask you to stop being abusive and if you continue your chat might be disabled for some time. If you play this well you might get him tilting and get some bucks from him.
      WTF.... it is not ok.
      People who behave like this a degenerate low-lives who try everything to get a bit more money of someone. This is not what poker should be about it.
      Trying to tilt a person by insulting him is a pretty low tactic.
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar

WTF.... it is not ok.
      People who behave like this a degenerate low-lives who try everything to get a bit more money of someone. This is not what poker should be about it.

Asia sucks!!! Now come and join my table so I can take your tiltmoney!
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NIVEKii

WTF.... it is not ok.

Asia sucks!!! Now come and join my table so I can take your tiltmoney!
      HU4ROLLZ ?

Better yet... FLIP4ROLLZ? :s_cool:
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze

WTF.... it is not ok.
      Come on. Loads of people will call you anything when you take their money, they just don't enter it in the chat. Just putting those insults i n the chat won't put anyone on tilt. What TS did was much more subtle. True, he used some insulting words, but they weren't that bad. It's more the way how he kept annoying him and put him on tilt. I bet he won't even need to insult him to get that done.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze

WTF.... it is not ok.
      Come on. Loads of people will call you anything when you take their money, they just don't enter it in the chat. Just putting those insults i n the chat won't put anyone on tilt. What TS did was much more subtle. True, he used some insulting words, but they weren't that bad. It's more the way how he kept annoying him and put him on tilt. I bet he won't even need to insult him to get that done.
      :insert face palm picture: