I'm a traitor!!!

• 14 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Good luck. In PokerStars I played a lot of tournaments and lost half my money. With Shorts Stack Strategy its quite easy to earn $. I use this method sites, where I´m only left 10-12$ and where I don´t want to spend 100-200 hours to earn 55$ which is necessary to move up 0,1/0,2 $. PartyPoker i´ll try to earn money with FL.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      i don't play PokerStars
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      hmmmm...

please stick to our board rules!

Anyway, i highly recommend NOT to play tournaments. Earning a regular income by playing tournaments is much much harder.

But of course everybody should play what he likes the most.

@vladnz: when you are playing NL i suggest to start with the ShortStack Strategy. (way easier then BigStack)

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      Stefan what do you think should i play NL ,FL what do you think

i really value your opinion

Thank You
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vladnz
      Stefan what do you think should i play NL ,FL what do you think

i really value your opinion

Thank You
      Thx a lot.

But that is hard to tell. This really depends on what you like the most.

But when you play NL, definetly start with the ShortStack Strategy.

ShortStackStrategy (SSS) VS BigStackStrategy (BSS)

I am for example a really bad NL player. Because of psychological reasons.
      I sometimes have problems laying down good hands like TPTK. In Fixed folding such a hand HU is a failure, so i am allowed to calldown ;) but at NL you have to fold these hands.

Just yesterday i lost 3 stacks at NL400 ;)
      Sometimes i still play NL although i know i am bad at it.

But i also play tournaments where i do quite good.
      So playing FL + Tournaments is of course also possible.

Another advantage of NL is that it is much popular. Much more fish are running around at NL.

Another advantage of FL is that you can stick to a lot of schemes and charts.
      There is a chart for almost every preflop situation. So it is much easier to avoid mistakes preflop.

And when you switch to shorthanded there are a lot of schemes how to play Heads-Up which happens quite often at Shorthanded.

But like i said at the beginning you should just play what you like the most.
      Because poker is an emotional rollercoster and there will be these days where you want to throw your pc against the wall... keeping up your motivation is essential.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • Ulek
      Ulek
      Black
      There was a time when i was bored of FL and started NL. Played it for some days and quickly realised that it I did not like it (although i made winnings), so I got back to FL and found my motivation again.
      So I think you should try NL to see if its your game. If it isnt, come back. Dont try to be an expert in both at the same time, there would be too much too learn. I play tournaments sometimes myself just for fun, but the buyins do not really hurt my bankroll, so i think thats ok (even won 2k in a tournament, so maybe i am not too bad at it). As a beginner you can always play freerolls or the ones where you buyin via partypoints if you feel like it.

Oh, and of course, if you play NL, i will not be able to comment any of your hands here...
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ulek
      Oh, and of course, if you play NL, i will not be able to comment any of your hands here...
      And that is reason enough to stay with FL. :)
    • Ulek
      Ulek
      Black

Looks like you've been promoted to mod. How did that happen? Anyway, I gotta be careful what i write here from now on:D
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      And that is reason enough to stay with FL. :)

Thanks that's good enough reason, i might stay with FL
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      Ok its official i m gonna stick to FL !!

why?

well i decided to play 2 tables one NL the other FL .

In the NL i thought i knew how to play etc but i sucked

In the FL i started playing when the hands where dealt to me the Articles that i read ( no all but i m working on it ) came in to my mind i knew exactly what to do

then took a break played again i played PERFECT tripled my buy in 5 Times

that with 2 Tables

so FL its for me no question about it .

P.S : Thank You Stefan , Ulek , Aciddrop and all the guys from PokerStrategy

Love you all (i m not gay)
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze

Looks like you've been promoted to mod. How did that happen? Anyway, I gotta be careful what i write here from now on:D
      Aciddrop became our new editor/corrector for our articles. And as a bonus he also become mod rights and he will help us a bit to support our community.

Welcome Aciddrop

@Vladnz: K very good you made a choice, because switching between FL and NL is no good idea, concentrating on one type is the best you can do.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      O k thank you Stefan i m pretty sure i have made the right choice i will stick to FL

and maybe later when i reach a good level of understanding i l try to learn some basic tournament play

p.s is it hard for a FL player to learn to play a NL Tournament ?
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Yes and No, ...

This depends of course on the level of your FL skills, i would say.

Once you are a good FL player you will quickly understand the concepts behind tournament play.

Just play a few freerolls when you have the possibility to do that.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Stefan1000
      Yes and No, ...

This depends of course on the level of your FL skills, i would say.

Once you are a good FL player you will quickly understand the concepts behind tournament play.

Just play a few freerolls when you have the possibility to do that.
      Thank you Stefan i will follow your Advice