ICM Trainer Portal Settings

• cyzo
      cyzo
      Bronze
      Is there any way for us to define our own sng settings for ICM Trainer (i.e. use a different payout structure than the defaults). I need some way to practice ICM for single table satellites where first and second both get a ticket of equal value. If this is not possible, does anyone know of any other ICM simulation software that I could use for this?
  • 5 replies
    • MrMauve
      MrMauve
      Bronze
      I would like to know this as well, as I play Titan 6-player SnGs and Double-or-Nothings.

I can tell you that http://www.holdemresources.net/hr/sngs/icmcalculator.html is a decent ICM calculator which will let you define the prize ranges, but this isn't a training simulator.

EDIT: I can see from another post that you know all about holdemresources.net already!
    • cyzo
      cyzo
      Bronze
      Thank you for the response. My problem with the holdemresources.net calculator is that is only calculated a finite number of games to reduce load on the web server, and it defines handranges by equity vs 1 random hand, so you end up pushing stuff like A2 with several players to act behind you when high suited cards or low pocket pairs might have more equity vs the calling/overcalling ranges of an opponent. I think that I am going to make my own ICM engine, but I need to find an open-source or command-line equilator program to get good chip EV numbers.
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cyzo
      Thank you for the response. My problem with the holdemresources.net calculator is that is only calculated a finite number of games to reduce load on the web server, and it defines handranges by equity vs 1 random hand, so you end up pushing stuff like A2 with several players to act behind you when high suited cards or low pocket pairs might have more equity vs the calling/overcalling ranges of an opponent. I think that I am going to make my own ICM engine, but I need to find an open-source or command-line equilator program to get good chip EV numbers.

What code will you use? If you use java, maybe im interested in help you to make this program.

But sng wiz lets you make your own payout structure, than you can train with the sng wiz quiz. I think they dont have a nash calculator, but you can practice with the defined ranges. Thats the way im using sng wiz to improve my game at 18man.
    • cyzo
      cyzo
      Bronze
      I am going to use java. I intend to use equity of holecard vs holecard matchups rather than ranges, since the actual nash equilibrium does have players pushing sets of hands that could be put into ranges. I also intend to account for overcalling, an overcaller being overcalled, etc. along with account for the fact that a player folding means that they folded two random cards that are not in their pushing range, making players behind you slightly more likely to get K or A. I basically am trying to make a program that can calculate the actual nash equilibrium and possible make it simulate future rounds so it does not make you fold a hand slightly outside of the normal pushing range with 3BB when you are UTG. It is going to be a big project, but I am off of school this summer, and poker a few hours a day means that I do not have to work a job this summer, so I have some time to work on this.
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Hey cyzo, if you want my help, i will be glad to work with you in this program.

It will be great to create this program, it can help me in my college degree and maybe i can improve my poker/java skills.

My skype name is: marco_altran