NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.80)
      BB ($25.67)
      UTG ($29.12) 27/18 2af
      Hero ($36.10)
      CO ($30.62)
      BTN ($9.16)

Dealt to Hero 7:spade: 6:spade:

Vashta Nerada raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, fold, BTN calls $0.75, fold, fold,

FLOP ($2.60) 7:diamond: 4:diamond: 5:club:

check, Hero bets $2, BTN folds, Vashta Nerada raises to $7, Hero calls $5,

TURN ($16.60) 7:diamond: 4:diamond: 5:club: 8:heart:

Vashta Nerada bets $12.50, Hero raises to $25, Vashta Nerada calls $8.87,

my questions:

after this taggish player cheched vs 2 should i bet?

he reraised - he seem like thinking player. if he had big pair or set he should have cbet, but c/r ? i put him on AdKd or other AdXd hand. i guess here i should fold.
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      It's a bad board for utg's range, i would expect a tag to c-bet almost every moderately strong made hand that he wants to continue with on that very wet board, mostly overpairs and even sets. When he checks he is c/f'ing most of the time, so i would bet to protect my top pair + OESD that stands to be best right now.

When he raises your flop bet, i don't think he ever has air, it's a shitty spot to make a pure bluff. From tags, i see that line mostly with things like AdKd : they don't like to c-bet/3bet that flop with their draws, but they don't mind c/r'ing them to trap a bet from you in the process. If he's just a fish with randomly taggish stats, he might do that with an overpair or a set without regards for protection.

Since you won't like many turn cards and he is likely to follow through with his aggression on the turn given the line he chose on the flop, i would probably fold to the flop raise without better reads.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would bet on that flop, because you often take that down.
      HIs c/r line is strange, but I'd also call once and see if we can check it down or maybe you improve and get his stack.