Global
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($26.55)
      BB ($25.86)
      UTG ($24.14)
      Hero ($25)
      CO ($9.63)
      BTN ($32.19) only 35 hands but villain seems pretty taggish. 18/16 5af 20wtsd

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $1, fold, BTN calls $1, fold, BB calls $0.75,

FLOP ($3.10) 4:spade: 7:spade: 8:club:

check, Hero bets $3, BTN calls $3, BB folds,

TURN ($9.10) 4:spade: 7:spade: 8:club: J:club:

Hero bets $5.25, BTN raises to $24.85, Hero calls $15.75,
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      When you bet that flop against a tag you're representing exactly what you have : a made hand strong enough to want to protect on that very wet board, meaning an overpair or a set.

I assume he would repop you with TT+ preflop, unless maybe he decided to flat AA to be tricky.
      It's a perfect flop to try and scare you off a lot of stuff by raising with any reasonable draw. Since he didn't, that makes me think you're more likely to be up against a set than a draw. I guess he felt he had a better chance to stack your overpairs by raising the turn than by raising the flop, and was willing to let a bad card peel on the turn because it probably won't help the range of hands you are c-betting the flop with, unless you have exactly two high spades.

The turn didn't change much, unless he happens to have T9 and decided not to raise the flop with it. I would fold to the turn raise, i don't think we're ahead here ever.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      seems a lot like 9T
      I'd bet a little more on the turn- to 7$ and likely would fold to his shove.
      You should have very good read that he is doing that with draw.