NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($23.36)
      BB ($21.90)
      UTG ($25.70) 23/13 8af 100%cbet 14%wtsd 140h
      UTG+1 ($27.14)
      Hero ($33.20)
      BTN ($31.24)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: J:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.85, Hero calls $0.85, BTN calls $0.85, fold, fold,

FLOP ($2.90) Q:heart: 7:club: 3:diamond:

UTG+1 bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25, BTN folds,

TURN ($7.40) Q:heart: 7:club: 3:diamond: 8:spade:

check, check,

RIVER ($7.40) Q:heart: 7:club: 3:diamond: 8:spade: 9:diamond:

UTG+1 bets $6, Hero raises to $14.50 ??

seeing his cbet and wtsd i decided to make a move on the river.

- do u bet turn IP
      - do u call bet on the river from such guy?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      He seems pretty tight, i assume his raising range utg is quite strong. Probably medium to high pocket pairs and big broadways mostly.

Preflop and flop are no-brainers.

On the turn i don't really see a reason to bet, either he has given up with his missed broadways/pp and you're way ahead, or he's going for a c/r with TPTK+ and you're way behind. I would also check behind to give him another chance to try and barrel me off on the river, that also helps to keep the pot small as we don't want to play a big pot with just TPGK.

On the river i'm calling, as we showed weakness by checking back the turn.
      His very low WTSD can also be explained by him often betting the river to make people fold.

I don't quite understand why you raised the river, he probably won't fold any better hands and i also very much doubt he's calling with worse hands. The only way that makes sense is if you're trying to induce a bluff-shove from a very spazzy player, in which case a minraise probably has a bigger tilt potential.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Imo you´re often ahead on the turn and should bet for value.
      River raise is only fine, if you think that he'd fold with better hands or call with worse hands.
      I think better is just call, because you´re often ahead, but if you raise then it is hard to get paid by worse hands