[NL2-NL10] First Big Pot Wins... Thx pokerstrategy

• karmamachine
      0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](8 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grab'em by www.pokerstrategy.org.uk.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:club: , Q:spade:
      [color:grey]2 folds[/color], MP2 calls, [color:grey]MP3 folds[/color], [color:red]CO raises to $0.50[/color], [color:grey]BU folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $1.00[/color], BB calls, MP2 calls, [color:red]CO raises to $2.50[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $4.00[/color], [color:grey]BB folds[/color], MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: ($13.00) 4:heart: , 5:club: , J:diamond: [color:blue](3 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $2[/color], [color:grey]MP2 folds[/color], CO calls.

Turn: ($17.00) 5:heart: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $2[/color], CO calls.

River: ($21.00) T:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $2[/color], [color:red]CO raises to $8.00[/color], Hero calls.

Final Pot: $37.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows [ Kh, Ah ] a pair of Fives
      Hero shows [ Qc, Qs ] two pairs, Queens and Fives
      Hero wins $35.15 with two pairs, Queens and Fives.

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](9 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grab'em by www.pokerstrategy.org.uk.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , 2:club:
      [color:grey]2 folds[/color], MP1 calls, [color:grey]2 folds[/color], CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.25) 8:spade: , J:spade: , A:diamond: [color:blue](5 players)[/color]
      SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, [color:red]CO bets $1[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $2.00[/color], [color:grey]3 folds[/color], [color:red]CO raises to $3.00[/color], Hero calls.

Turn: ($7.25) 7:diamond: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]CO bets $2.25[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $4.50[/color], [color:red]CO raises to $4.15 (All-In)[/color].

River: ($15.90) 5:diamond:

Final Pot: $15.90

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows [ Ac, 2c ] a pair of Aces
      CO shows [ Ks, 4h ] high card Ace
      Hero wins $0.35 with a pair of Aces.
      Hero wins $14.80 with a pair of Aces.

I've learned alot from PokerStrategy and am thankful for the startup money :)
  • 12 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Hmm, why did you posted no limit hands on fixed limit section. But I´m glad that you are doing well. And I´m also thankful to pokerstrategy. Hopefully I could also some day win huge pots:)
    • karmamachine
      sorry didn't notice it was the FL section... sorry
    • vladnz
      Please use the Board Rules

p.s nice winnings
    • XeroX
      lol nice minbetting...
    • frzl
      hm i´m not playing nl deep stack myself but i´m pretty sure that its not the best play to minbet/minraise the whole way.

grats anyway. but i have no clue what CO is thinking in both hands... maybe nothing

//edit: narf, xerox was a bit faster :P
    • germandy
      Nice winnings. :)
    • sismis
      if you wouldnt know he is idiot then you should fold in 2nd hand after CO reraised you. you cant win 99% of time with 2 as kicker, maybe you can split the pot if he has low kicker but thats all.
    • Stefan1000
      I moved the thread into the NL area.

@karmamachine: welcome at pokerstrategy.

But i am sorry but both hands are played quite bad,especially hand nr2 you have an easy fold but i guess alaton will give you a more detailed analysis.

So anyway, don't get demotivated because of that. Posting a bad played hand is the best you can do, because this is the way you can improve your game. I know people who only post hands they know are well played anyway whichdoes not help them really.
    • karmamachine
      they may have been played "badly" but these ppl were very loose and playing almost every hand with nothing so i knew he didn't have much either time... so i stuck with my hands... these were basically two of the 3 hands i played in like 1/2 - 3/4 hours at that table

the QQ hand there were no overcards/draws on the table and i knew he didn't have a pocket pair by the way he was playing it... it was even a small raise to 0.50 with AK from middle position i would expect much higher... so i wasn't afraid of his hand... and after that raise at the end i was getting some good pot odds to call so i had to do it

and the second hand there wasn't any action preflop so i knew he either didn't have an ace/big hand or if he did have an ace it was a low kicker like mine so i would be able to move him off his hand by being aggressive... after the flop i put him on a spade draw or a straight draw... cause of the preflop action... after the turn he bet and with that seven he could have 9T for the straight so i raised him all in cause if i were to call its an extra $1 and a bit to put him all in so i might as well... he called and i caught him on a bluff... this one was quite dangerous but i was playing at the table for awhile and i saw the way he was playing so i feel i played it well in that respect... and it paid off

but any tips i could use to help improve my game are much appreciated.. thank you
    • Alaton
      Welcome to Pokerstrategy, I'm glad you immediately start off with posting hands, in general this is a good sign for your future career :)

Now some things to the hands.
      1) you definitely want to raise more here, A minraise is nothing to really worry already and your normal raise would be 1$ already. As you are Out of Position here, you should at least raise to 1.50$ here but since there is another player in the hand I would raise some more in the range of 1.75$-2$.

Your small raises after that really don't surve any purpose since you are just blowing up the pot without really getting any information on the hand, your opponent won't fold anyway given the good odds he gets there.
      As you are out of Position you want to know where your opponent is at preflop already you should make a stronger Reraise to his oppening Raise.

On the flop again, you give AK good odds to draw simply for the Overcard-Outs. What would've been your play if an Ace or a King came on the turn ?
      You wouldve lost a big pot simply because you gave him cheap cards.
      So make a goodsized Bet on the flop, at least 6-7$ to find out where he's at, with AK he will often fold, but this is totally fine winning the big pot already and if you get action you can figure out if he could have a better hand then you.
      Overall the hand is played pretty poorly, you always have to think about what is a purpose of a bet.

2) Here it is an ugly Spot for us on the flop, with 3 opponents behind us yet to act, a call isn't the best option, allowing everyone to enter with weak draws or made hands. Raising is also not really a good option with your weak hand and all the players being able to come along. So I would in most cases just fold my hand here, just because you are in a really bad position and there are many possibilties that you get beat, if you aren't behind on the flop, the big amount of possible draws could get you.
      Your raise, by the way, is too small to scare any draw away.
    • karmamachine
      thanks for the advice

in the first one i would have folded to a bet/raise with an overcard showing

you have to admit in the second hand it wasn't played great but the other guy played it much worse than i did... if i was in his shoes i may have tried to bluff a draw but i wouldn't have called the the $4 bet to go all in with King high
    • Alaton
      Of course, he played it as horrible as he could :)
      You were lucky this time, but against most opponents I don't see you in front here.

Oh and don't take the critism too hard, I'm just trying to help your game so that you'll be able to improve! And posting more hands is definitely the right thing to do!

Keep going :)