$6.75
      MP3:
      $13.35
      CO:
      $45.95
      BU:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 9.
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.50) 8, K, 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25.

Turn: ($4.00) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, SB raises to $7.5, Hero calls $5.00.

River: ($19.00) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $15.00, SB calls $15.00.

Final Pot: $49.00.

better to reraise on turn ro to call ?

V: 14/10/3/35 ~200hands
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Flatting his steal raise with a hand that plays well in position is totally fine.

On the flop i'm also just calling with 2nd pair, no need to get fancy.

On the turn i would probably bet 3$, it doesn't make much of a difference unless you have history of him autoraising seemingly weak turn floatbets. Without that history i'd just look to get more money in with the best hand.

He has the stats of someone capable of being a pain in the ass in blinds battles, so when he c/r the turn he probably has either a good K, a draw he picked up on the turn, or total air.

If you shove over and he has a good K i don't think he's folding it after deciding to c/r the turn, your line looks a lot like a rebluff. If he has air he might shove the river himself to take you off what you have, and he might not, hard to say if you're losing value when you 3bet him on the turn. If he has a draw you wanna get the money in now or you'll face hard decisions on spade and T+ river cards if he decides to open shove, as it could very well give his semibluffs a flush or a straight, or even upgrade him to better two pairs if he indeed has a K. Plus it makes you hard to play against in the future, if he decides to fold he will not know what to make of this.

As played on the river after he checks again you're up against a K, missed redraws or air he's given up with, so your goal is to get a call from a K mostly. I think i'd bet a little less, as 4/5 pot looks really strong, but if you feel like he's never folding top pair SBvsBB then it's fine.

Hope that helps.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I'd likely would shove on the turn, since I don't see him playing too many times monster like that way.
      He could have AK, but most of the times it is just draw.