[NL20-NL50] nl25 sh AQ

• BloodyB
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, A.
      Hero raises to $0.85, 3 folds, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.55) 8, 3, A (3 players)
      SB bets $1.50, BB folds, Hero raises to $4.75, SB calls $3.25.

Turn: ($12.05) 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $4.50, Hero raises to $19.4(All-In), SB calls $14.90.

River: ($50.85) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $50.85.

V: 21/13/1.25/12 90hands
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      I think he's tight enough not to call you preflop with raggedy aces and yet aggressive enough that he would repop you with AK unless he never ever 3bets.

Given his stats he doesn't seem to be very aggressive, i don't think he's leading here with a flush draw that often i think he has a made hand, either 33, 88 or A8-AQ mostly.

That's 6 combos of sets which crush you, 6 combos of A8 that crush you, 3 combos of AQ that you tie with, and 24 combos of A9-AJ which you have dominated, some flush draw and random stuff that doesn't make sense that you're also ahead of.
      I assume 12 is his WTSD which is sort of scary, plus is low AF makes it less likely that he would play his monsters any other way.

The important thing is without specific read you're felting AQ here, so his better hands are almost irrelevant, we wanna concentrate on getting money from his worse hands. Thus we can't just call down and let him get to showdown cheap, so i like the flop raise.

When he donks small again on the turn it doesn't really mean anything, he's just following through with whatever he deemed was good on the flop, be it top pair or a set, also a cheap draw bets with a flushdraw become a bit more likely. I still don't think he's folding top pair if he bet twice with it no matter what his WTSD says over just 90 hands, and if he has a flushdraw i don't want to see a river heart, so i'd probably put him all-in right there too.

Hope it helps.
    • Kaitz20
      Seems like he is drawing or has just Ax hand
      I'd also shove turn for value.