[NL2-NL10] SSS playing with aces

• Kaitz20
      Hi, I started playing SSS last night and in first two hour I won 9$ in 0,05/0,1 NL tables :P . Thank you Pokerstrategy for the chart and articles and maybe you could give me some advise how to become better SSS player:)

1) PartyPoker $10 NL Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A :club: , A :diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 7 :heart: , T :heart: , 2 :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.4 (all-in), BB calls $1.

Turn: ($3.65) 6 :spade: (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($3.65) 9 :club: (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $3.65.

I didn´t think that flop was very dangerous to me, and in this situation i cant fold- so the only option is to go all in.

Question: if BB would have bet 1$, should i still go all in?

I have also questions to Starting Hands Chart. I´m in a small blind and i have AJo or ATs- can i call another 0,05 to see flop? Chart doesn´t say anything about that situation and if there are few limper's I might be holding best hand. Of course when BB raise- i fold my hand.
  • 2 replies
    • Alaton
      You go All-In on that flop no matter what action your opponent gives. This is one of the advantages with the short stack, you don't have to fear losing a whole big stack when actually behind.
      In most cases you are in front here with your opponent holding a flushdraw or a Pair of Tens.
      I'm glad to hear things work out fine, but be prepared that it could go the other way around faster then you are ready for it. Don't get discouraged if luck changes and keep it up! If you want to improve your SSS-game I recommend (like you did), posting sample hands and also to visit the coachings we are offering here (Sunday 18:00 GMT, Tuesday 17:00 GMT).

To the AJo problem you talked about, have a look here http://www.pokerstrategy.org.uk/en/strategy/114/, this is the advanced SSS and there calling with such hands in the Blinds is appropriate.
      But if you don't feel comfortable with the postflop situations, playing the basic SSS is sometimes the better idea, but still you can have a look at the articel of course.

May the luck be with you ;)
    • Kaitz20
      Thanks for the chart. I have played a lot of tournaments and i could manage postflop game. I also try to watch coachings.