Stack
      Hero:
      $50.00
      MP2:
      $56.12
      BU:
      $33.69

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:diamond: , K:heart:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $4.00, 2 folds, BU calls $4.00, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.50.

Flop: ($12.75) 2:club: , 9:heart: , 8:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $7.00, BU calls $7.00, Hero folds...

Is call ok pf? Should I raise or shove pf? I figured they were strong since I lead utg
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Against that player I'd shove
      He should 3-bet there wider than just KK/AA and because there is enough dead money in the pot I think shoving is better than calling or folding.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      He should 3-bet there wider than just KK/AA and because there is enough dead money in the pot I think shoving is better than calling or folding.
      I know I don't want to 4bet, have him call and then miss the flop, but isn't a shove way to big in this spot? Wont he interpret it as weakness? Isolate myself against better hands?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I know I don't want to 4bet, have him call and then miss the flop, but isn't a shove way to big in this spot? Wont he interpret it as weakness? Isolate myself against better hands?
      if he folds there AK or QQ then that is exactly what you wants
      I doubt he´d call with worse hands, but here seems too good chance just to fold
      If he happens to have there KK/AA, then nothing to do, but you should really want worse/same hands to fold there.