Email from

• lloydy84
      Today I recieved this email.

Hello lloydy84,

because of the big run on our website and our $50 quiz we have to do some random sampling "security checks". Unfortunatly a lot of people are trying to abuse our offer. That forces us to do these ID-checks. So We hope you understand our concerns.

We ask you to send us a copy of your identity card (front-and back cover).
      In case the data on your id card differs from the data entered at PokerStrategy please also send us an official document conferming your data in case you recently moved or something simular.

You can scan your identity-card but you can also make a photo of it with your digital cam. Of course, not to mention, that your data should be easy to read/legible. In rare cases where you don't have a digital camera or a scanner available you can also send us a fax. Please don't forget to add your PokerStrategy name to the fax. We hope you understand this security check. Please don't forget to send your scan or digital photo from the validated email adress at PokerStrategy. Send your email to:

Fax-number in Germany: 0049 - 40 - 229 275 83

Another interesting alternative is also to upload your scanned identity card on a website like and just send us the link.

Thanks for your understanding

Best regards,
      Your PokerStrategy Team

The email was from a different address from my previous emails.

Also. The information requested could easily be used by whoeevr recieves it to open fraudulant bank accounts rather easily.

Therefore I am concerned that this is not a genuine email from pokerstrategy, can anyone help?
  • 12 replies