[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Sh Tptk

• VytenisN
      Opponent 16/16 over 31 hands
      My image is LAGgy 29/24
      Decided to c/r - fold the turn, because then i am sure he has better hand.
      Standart move will be b/f turn , but i thought then his turn raising range include some bluffs.
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Button ($44)
      SB ($58.45)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($18.75)
      Hero (MP) ($50)
      CO ($118.65)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q, A
      UTG calls $0.50, Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50, 4 folds

Flop: ($6.25) 7, 4, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, CO calls $3

Turn: ($12.25) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $8, Hero raises to $20, 1 fold

Total pot: $28.25 | Rake: $1.40
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      Hmm , it`s ok if you know he likes to float here or if you think he will always bet a draw on the turn. If not I would still bet because you risk giving free cards to draws , and you might miss value from KQ,QJ type of hands.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      I would bet that turn with TPTK, unless I noticed he was floating me a lot, in which case checking with a big hand sometimes to pick off the floatbet on the turn and protect my cbets / my future turn checks with weak hands is okay too.

I'm probably c/c the turn in that case, because by c/r'ing the only times you get a call is when you're beat, which might sound good because you can define his range easily, but isn't really because you're only donating money to the hands that beat you.

I don't think tags bluff that often on this turn, this isn't a good 2nd barrel card for your air, you are basically saying you have TPTK+ and he can't be sure you're willing to fold that without history.

If you have reasons to think that he is bluffraising that turn often, which is doubtful after only 31 hands for a 16/16, then just b/c the turn to pick up his money.
      If you don't, do not change your lines just because he 'might' bluff you off the best hand, i can only see it hurting you in the long run. Being afraid without a reason is just playing scared.
    • Kaitz20
      If he is raising turn with bluffs, then I like bet/shoving.
      And I'd bet 5$ on the flop.