This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

NL10 SSS How do we assess a minraise?

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      Hi everyone,

A problem I have come across often with the SSS is the minraise. I do not know how to interpret this move. Is it often a monster? Is it more likely a weak range trying to push off the blinds?

I play 9 tables at NL10 so I do not have a lot of time to note down reads but I do have access to stats if they can help me to tell.

I feel that treating them as 2 limpers leads me to overplay some hands (77, 88, AJ in late position) but treating them as a raise means I am often folding away a hand that may be ahead of their range. Also if I hold a hand that I can go all in with do I push directly (10x their raise!) or do I reraise it to around 8BB?

Any equity calculations or suggested ranges for minraises would be lovely.
  • 1 reply
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      I play fast 12 tables and I have time to make notes. Not some super-reads, but "mr ep 72" or "mr 2 limpers AA", something like this.

From my experience minraise on NL10 from unknown player (especially with fishy stats) and ESPECIALLY with limpers before is strong -- KK+ (QQ) and AKs (AKo).