This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL JJ against EP raise+caller

• dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($68.92)
      BB ($11.70)
      UTG ($31.24)
      UTG+1 ($17.88)
      UTG+2 ($52.34)
      MP1 ($8.91)
      MP2 ($13.40)
      MP3 ($49.69)
      CO ($8)
      Hero ($9.25)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:spade:

UTG raises to $2, fold, fold, fold, fold, MP3 calls $2, fold, Hero raises to $9.25 (AI),

UTG: 14/9 2.2k hands Fold3bet 75%, OR EP 7%
      MP3: 9/8 6.6k hands Call Raise 0%

MP3's call was very suspicious. If MP3 had a looser vpip I believe the push would be very easy here, since pushing JJ against EP raise (10%pfr) is ok.
  • 5 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      This is a spot where I think I have a leak because I would fold. I think I have a 52.9% Equity against UTG's overall openraising ranging range in this spot and stray from the high variance but likely +EV play by folding even with The ColdCallers Deadmoney in the pot.

I push AKs and QQ+

What is MP's 3bet%? Its possibly he just wants to play postflop with a hand like AQ or AK, maybe calling a medium pocketpair for set value.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      UTG OR EP 7% = a fold with JJ, now it becomes interesting with a coldcalling Reg.

Can we define him as dead money or not? If you think not because the Stats say so, then I simply fold because JJ is at like the bottom of his range!

I prefer to muck it, if the coldcaller was a Fish then you are break-even assuming an equity of 36% + FE of 30% so I muck that one as well

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      shove it, shove it (my in-depth analysis)
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      UTG OR EP 7% = a fold with JJ, now it becomes interesting with a coldcalling Reg.

Can we define him as dead money or not? If you think not because the Stats say so, then I simply fold because JJ is at like the bottom of his range!

I prefer to muck it, if the coldcaller was a Fish then you are break-even assuming an equity of 36% + FE of 30% so I muck that one as well

Best regards,
      Gerv
      I can only expect the CC to be set-mining or trapping with some monster. By his stats we can tell that he rarely coldcalls. So I don't think it's realistic to consider him dead money.

Though if the CC was not maniac loose neither a tight caller but rather a 15% cc range with about 35% FE, it seems the situation becomes profitable.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Well that's true but then I muck it even faster since in 2 ways you cannot be profitably with JJ.
      1) oR 7% EP = push with QQ+,AKs
      2) Reg who rarely coldcalls thus you are not sure if he does it with >QQ or low-med PPs

- Gerv