This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Ak Nl4

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Holdem
      4 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO Hero ($8.08)
      BTN valmar69 ($3.39)
      SB simmo89 ($3.25)
      BB Hushpro ($1.88)

Pre-flop: ($0.06, 4 players) Hero is CO K:heart: A:club:
      Hero raises to $0.16, valmar69 raises to $0.28, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: T:heart: 5:heart: 7:diamond: ($0.62, 2 players)
      Hero checks, valmar69 bets $0.16, Hero folds, Hero folds

Final Pot: $0.78

valmar69 wins $0.72 ( won +$0.28 )
      Hero lost -$0.28

I am completely new to BSS, this is maybe a third hand of my BSS play :) Did I play it well? If I would hit K or A, should I try to go all-in? I read in the articles that with one pair it is not good to go all-in, but this would be top pair top kicker.

Edit: and yet - should I leave the table when I double-up and there is a player with double stack too?
  • 3 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      4-handed in CO vs BU action, I definately think you should 4bet preflop and try to get it all in. AK is a very strong hand in such a short-handed game as this, and also villain is midstacked indicating he is a fish.

Calling is a mistake because you have to play out of position - meaning you often don't get value when you hit and just have to fold when you don't.

If you are new to BSS I suggest you stay away from such short-handed games because the value of hands and the play is different from what is teached in the bronze articles. Try to play full ring (9-10 players) instead!

And in regards to leaving with a double stack, there is no reason to do it as long as you feel comfortable. It just means you can win more money from him - but also of course that you can lose more. There's no shame in leaving with a doublestack, although I would recommend that you stay if it's a good table anyway to get some experience with playing deep =)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Calling is a mistake because you have to play out of position - meaning you often don't get value when you hit and just have to fold when you don't.

But if it would be full ring, I would have to call, right? There is written in the articles, that if an opponent makes a minimum raise, then you must call.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      In full ring I would also tend to reraise and shove this :) Because it is CO vs BU, that means his reraising range is likely looser than if, say, you were raising from UTG+1 and he reraised you from MP+1. I can definately see him having hands we dominate like AQ (AJ) here sometimes.