Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO Hero ($8.08)
      BTN valmar69 ($3.39)
      SB simmo89 ($3.25)
      BB Hushpro ($1.88)

Pre-flop: ($0.06, 4 players) Hero is CO K:heart: A:club:
      Hero raises to $0.16, valmar69 raises to $0.28, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: T:heart: 5:heart: 7:diamond: ($0.62, 2 players)
      Hero checks, valmar69 bets $0.16, Hero folds, Hero folds

Final Pot: $0.78

valmar69 wins $0.72 ( won +$0.28 )
      Hero lost -$0.28

I am completely new to BSS, this is maybe a third hand of my BSS play :) Did I play it well? If I would hit K or A, should I try to go all-in? I read in the articles that with one pair it is not good to go all-in, but this would be top pair top kicker.

Edit: and yet - should I leave the table when I double-up and there is a player with double stack too?
  • 3 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      4-handed in CO vs BU action, I definately think you should 4bet preflop and try to get it all in. AK is a very strong hand in such a short-handed game as this, and also villain is midstacked indicating he is a fish.

Calling is a mistake because you have to play out of position - meaning you often don't get value when you hit and just have to fold when you don't.

If you are new to BSS I suggest you stay away from such short-handed games because the value of hands and the play is different from what is teached in the bronze articles. Try to play full ring (9-10 players) instead!

And in regards to leaving with a double stack, there is no reason to do it as long as you feel comfortable. It just means you can win more money from him - but also of course that you can lose more. There's no shame in leaving with a doublestack, although I would recommend that you stay if it's a good table anyway to get some experience with playing deep =)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Calling is a mistake because you have to play out of position - meaning you often don't get value when you hit and just have to fold when you don't.

But if it would be full ring, I would have to call, right? There is written in the articles, that if an opponent makes a minimum raise, then you must call.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      In full ring I would also tend to reraise and shove this :) Because it is CO vs BU, that means his reraising range is likely looser than if, say, you were raising from UTG+1 and he reraised you from MP+1. I can definately see him having hands we dominate like AQ (AJ) here sometimes.