Running hot @ party

• luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I was just really running hot at Party. First I'm UTG with Q J and I raise. CO calls. Flop is x K T. CO raises, I call. The turn shows 2. Button checks, I check. River 9. I raise, CO raises, I put him all in. CO shows A A. After that I'm BB with J T and I call a min-raise, flop shows 9 Q K rainbow. I check till the turn, raise, raise again on the river, go all in and get called. After that I get on other tables in the following order (no other hands between it): AQo, AA, QQ (I got a set on the flop but didn't get any calls, too bad), AA, AA, AQs. One time I went all in with AA against a short stack, the other times I either won the pot preflop or on the flop. I went up 600 bbs in only a couple of hands. PartyPoker definitely must be rigged.
  • 19 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I turned $50 into $300 in 3 days through partypoker. But trust me, downswings can happen. ;)
    • Dante63s
      Dante63s
      Bronze
      With what strategy you raise JQs UTG? :f_love:

Enjoy it while it lasts!
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      well I also raise QJs utg ... on shorthanded
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dante63s
      With what strategy you raise JQs UTG? :f_love:

Enjoy it while it lasts!
      I was just testing things out, trying to learn the cards, trying to learn the value of certain hands. I can't lose much at those limits.

I played around 4k hands on NL2 and had a pretty good winrate. I know 4k hands ain't much, but I believe that on NL2 other strategies, which are not recommended by PokerStrategy, may actually be more profitable than regular strategies. On some tables you can limp almost any hand since there's no preflop action and they'll call any bet.
    • NiekamNeidomu
      NiekamNeidomu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      well I also raise QJs utg ... on shorthanded
      +1
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      I turned $50 into $300 in 3 days through partypoker. But trust me, downswings can happen. ;)
      I'd say you are not a beginner at poker although you are silver. If you are expirienced player you can use 1BI BRM and risk, but let's not give beginners a false hope. :D

Running hot usually means downswing is at the door. Sorry for being pesimistic but usually it's how it is. =)
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RockEye
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      I'd say you are not a beginner at poker although you are silver. If you are expirienced player you can use 1BI BRM and risk, but let's not give beginners a false hope. :D

Running hot usually means downswing is at the door. Sorry for being pesimistic but usually it's how it is. =)
      Your statement is logically incorrect and so far I haven't had a real downswing with this style of play on this limit, however I just experienced a big downswing on SSS NL10. AK running into AA, AK losing from AQ, AA losing from KK, straight and flush losing from full house, ... Down 5 BI in one session. I just quit. Will try again tomorrow.
    • ti60
      ti60
      Bronze
      Hi,

Just because you lost few good hands doesn't mean the site is rigged. You can see same things happen everywhere. The RNGs just work that way (thousends of hands dealt every minute and impossible things happening). Strange thing is that noone complains when being on the other side - beating AA with T7o, holding set of aces, kings, whatever - runner runner for a flush, a straight or 4 of a kind etc.

What I mean is - you can see weird things happen in online poker, that doesn't automaticly mean the software is rigged or the tech guys hate you.

:)
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ti60
      Hi,

Just because you lost few good hands doesn't mean the site is rigged. You can see same things happen everywhere. The RNGs just work that way (thousends of hands dealt every minute and impossible things happening). Strange thing is that noone complains when being on the other side - beating AA with T7o, holding set of aces, kings, whatever - runner runner for a flush, a straight or 4 of a kind etc.

What I mean is - you can see weird things happen in online poker, that doesn't automaticly mean the software is rigged or the tech guys hate you.

:)
      Dear ti60, did anyone in this topic state PartyPoker is rigged?
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luitzen
      PartyPoker definitely must be rigged.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkprice
      PartyPoker definitely must be rigged.
      And where did you miss the sarcasm of this?

Sorry, I'm just joking around:P
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      Hi.
      Just got 50$ starting capital on Party Poker?
      What do you recommend for building a solid bankroll thakinf into account that I don't have a lot of time for playing?
      NL2 do you think is good for starting to clear the bonus?
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bbogdanmircea
      Hi.
      Just got 50$ starting capital on Party Poker?
      What do you recommend for building a solid bankroll thakinf into account that I don't have a lot of time for playing?
      NL2 do you think is good for starting to clear the bonus?
      If your playing short stack strategy should play NL2 and you can go to NL10 as soon you have $60 and have the idea you more or less found your way around poker.

Clearing bonuses will go very slow at those limits, but don't hurry it. You have a very long time before your bonus runs out.

Also don't forget to play the Bankroll Builder freerolls. They're very easy to beat and they have some very nice prizes. I made the mistake to start playing those freerolls when I had only 2 weeks left on my newbie period.
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      Although I'm Silver I ain't got all the theory well yet.
      If you play 0.05/0.1 that's NL2?
      If you play 0.25/0.5 that's NL10?
      I saw that Party Poker doesn't have 0.05/0.1?
      Still having some problems with the starting capital the guys from pokerstrategy couldn't transfer it to my account.
      But I guess this is ok I can read some good advice!
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bbogdanmircea
      If you play 0.05/0.1 that's NL2?
      If you play 0.25/0.5 that's NL10?
      Limit name is usually 100bb so NL2 means blinds of 0.01$/0.02$ and NL10 is 0.05$/0.10$
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      Yeah 10x another mystery is solved then.
      By the way when you enter a NL table how many BB should you have?
      For example if I enter 0.05/0.1 so NL10 should I have 100 BB? 50 BB? 20 BB?
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      It depends whether You want to play SSS or BSS.
      For SSS it's 20bbs, for BSS maximum allowed (usually 100bbs).
      With 50bb You are too deep for shortstacking and can't get maximum value from Your strong hands while playing BSS (You will theoretically lose 50bbs even when You win the hand). But following the BRM is a must.

No offence, but based on Your questions I think You should start with reading articles (including beginner ones). Everything You need to start is mentioned there ;)
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      Yes I started reading. But playing NL2 is so slow. I usually played NL10 until now but the results weren't so great.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      The reason I would like to advise you paying NL2 is because I suppose(d) you don't have any poker experience.