SSS and table select

• Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      Hey guys.
      Lately been experimenting with SSS, and have been running pretty good/ok. MY winrate is 5BB/100 and my PFR/VIP is 14 due too alot of stealing. I noticed that alot of people who play 0.05/0.1 don't rly know what they are doing. So I figured out, that table selecting isn't that important (I play 12- tables usually), since most of the players are bad. Share your experience with this limit, thoughts.

Take care
  • 9 replies
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      hiya :) nice win rate on NL10. u sound like a lose enuf sss player with vpip of 14. when i played nl10 mine was about 19 lol so not to worry once your winning! mine is 15.9 now on NL100. fyi i spent longest on NL10 and made the least profit. i found nl25 much easier so id advise to move up as soon as u can as the suck outs on NL10 can keep u bogged down there.
      where are u playing?
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      well put in decent volume, I am playing NL10 ATM with winrate of 8bb/100 over 5k sample. Finally got a grip for playing 16 tables, thx for the encouraging words :) yep I will move up as soon as I can, I will follow 40BI rule I think, because of the amount of tables I play.

For 2k of hands today, gor ly angry with my downswing (like 20$ than played for another 3h, and came from -15$ too 25$ for the session. I experimented with the 3b with stats, found a maniac lol :)

Well was afraid I was too loose, but I now I see it is okay :)
      oh and FT that is :)
    • whateverdude
      whateverdude
      Bronze
      Wow, how do you play SSS at NL10 with 14vpip and win? Mine is 8...I follow the tables in EP and MP and steal every time I have a hand or there isn't a station in the blinds, yet it ain't moovin' from 8.
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      after some carfull analysis, I found out, I am too loose in blinds (due to 6max before prolly, with vpip of 30, so this is where my problem is coming from. I have 16 vpip from BB and CO, 20 from BU, and both are profitable. Early and middle are 8.0 Vpip and Pfr. I can post graph if you want, running hot 8bb/100, I found out very big role are stats, especially att to steal, flop c-bet and such. Will post positional stats later on- graph in the eveing. Cya
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by whateverdude
      Wow, how do you play SSS at NL10 with 14vpip and win? Mine is 8...I follow the tables in EP and MP and steal every time I have a hand or there isn't a station in the blinds, yet it ain't moovin' from 8.
      What are your CO and BU stats?
    • hoffee
      hoffee
      Bronze
      what is vpip ?
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      Vpip=voluntary put money into the pot I think :P , basicly how many hands do you play per 100, in % :)
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Hi Sale1337,

Just a few thoughts on higher VPIP while playing SSS.

I would not deviate too much on the charts with open raising in EP and MP, because if you stick to it you will have the best hand on average with the amount of players to act after you. If you are looser then you don't have that advantage.

Stealing is very dependant on the opponents (you need a lot of stats and opponent types vary greatly on these low limits), the tighter they are the more you could steal, like first into sb you could make it any two against certain opponents. But against many loose unknown opponents like at NL10 your money will naturally come from the made hands and often stealing is quite difficult.

And 5k hands is not so much in SSS, could go either way with winnings even if you play good SSS.

Good luck
      Termi8r
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      lol I just hit a 10BI downer @ NL10. Seems it always happens at about 5k hands after pwning it untill then. Its all good tho :-) However I did only manage 2.5BB/100 over the previous 10K sample

I'd agree with ishinder that NL25 certainly seems easier. but thats just my first 3k hands impression. I had to withdraw hence back @ NL10

As far as table selection. I look for high VpIP and low SSer's 2 at the most